Rhea County Off-season

kamerb

I didn't know there was a rivalry. I'm assuming this will be the first time these schools have played.

They have played twice in football. I think it was chosen because Rhea County HC Mark Pemberton coached Catholic to a state title in 2008, and the two teams are presumed to be the top two contenders in Region 4.

Edited by kamerb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen practice this week? I hear they are really picking things up quick and that the boys playing one side of the ball is working real good. We've got a big bunch of seniors and I'm expecting big things out of them. What are the eyes in the bleachers seeing? I can't wait to watch this group next week over at Franklin County.

Has anyone seen practice this week? I hear they are really picking things up quick and that the boys playing one side of the ball is working real good. We've got a big bunch of seniors and I'm expecting big things out of them. What are the eyes in the bleachers seeing? I can't wait to watch this group next week over at Franklin County.

I went to two of the three practices this week, and I am impressed with how smoothly things were going considering they were only the first and second full-pad practices. Both the offensive and defensive units have looked strong, and I can't wait to see them hit the field next Saturday.

Having no two-way starters at the current moment seems to be working quite well. There are some names that the fans will recognize right off the bat, but there are some other players who have been under the radar a bit that are seeing significant playing time in critical positions on the team. All in all, just basing my opinion on what I saw at practice, I believe the Eagles will put on a show when they take the field at Franklin County.