District 11AA 2017

EveryoneFOCUS

That's one thing. Assaulting police officers is a whole other can of worms.

your right! waverly is like a lot of small towns.  the school board is mostly friends and family. as well as the police force!  i believe this can be a very good thing until someone abuses it or crosses the river and forgets that the friends and family doesnt count in this town.  hopefully some lessons were learned 

I thought the game itself was a pretty fun game to watch. Waverly is a good team, and athletic, and the Lions took care of business winning by 15.

But, the events following the game were nuts. Sad it happened right after the game, sad it happened at all. Just an absolute crazy scene after the game. Not to defend the coach, but emotions are high after a game. In my experiences, I always told parents before the season if you have questions or concerns about anything, please refrain from doing it immediately after a game. I preferred having a day or two pass for emotions to settle, and always request the AD or an administrator be present. I do feel the coach would have been better off if he had just walked away as best he could. But, it is easy to give an opinion on here this morning, and hindsight is 20/20.

Camden Lions move on, all is right in the world, lol.

It also looked like the rest of the games were really good games, with Creek Wood and Hickman County going into overtime, and Fairview beating Lewis County on FTs. Competitve second round games are always fun

Is it really that surprising that Trotter went off in public? He chased down our score clock person at the end of the game for not hitting the horn when a sub was at the scores table...even though its actually an official's job to look over and whistle a player into the ballgame. He may be viewed as a good coach in Waverly, but he is viewed as a complete prick by most fans at other schools.

But in regards to Stewart County's play last night against Montgomery Central...WHAT.A.GAME!

The Rebels got hit with foul trouble early as Rye Nolen got his 3rd personal at the start of the 2nd quarter. If I remember correctly, MC took a 30-14 lead and looked to be running away with it. Nolen came back in with roughly 4 minutes left in the half and helped spark a run. From that point until the start of the 4th, the Rebels went on a 30-4 run leading 44-36 starting the final frame. MC didn't give up and made a comeback in the 4th as SC made a few too many turnovers. Game was tied at 46 and MC held the ball for a minute to take the last shot. SC had a couple fouls to give and used them wisely. With 6 seconds left on the clock, Spencer for MC had a good look for the win that just didn't fall. After a quick timeout, Rebels had the ball with 2 secs. Rye Nolen tossed up a shot from just beyond halfcourt that went in and out...almost an unreal SportsCenter highlight game winner.

Then we headed to OT where Casseli took over, leading the way for a 61-53 finish.

Nolen & Casseli each finished with 22.

Sounds like we had some close games and interesting finishes. Now can Stewart County upset Creekwood? Can anyone unseat top seeded Camden? Guess we will find out tomorrow!

change of topic why is the one seed playing the early game tomorrow night?

Seems in every year the mens one seed plays the last game of every night they play.

I of course could be completely wrong too and just crying because I cant go that early.    :angry:

Edited by Beagle

What are tonight's predictions in the tournament? Here are mine...

4:00 GIRLS: Stewart County vs Creekwood

Nov 29 @ CW:     SC 40 - CW 47

Jan 10 @ SC:     SC 34 - CW 38

Both games were tight during the regular season. My biased opinion is that the Lady Rebels win!

Prediction: SC 43 - CW 39

5:30 BOYS: Fairview vs Camden

Dec 13 @ FV:      FV 51 - CC 81

Jan 24 @ CC:      FV 60 - CC 73

Camden was without Vick in 2nd matchup. Lions will run away with this one!

Prediction: CC 77 - FV 55

7:00 GIRLS: East Hickman vs Lewis County

Jan 3 @ LC:     EH 39 - LC 49

Feb 3 @ EH:     EH: 34 - LC 32

They split on the season as both matchups were tight. But Lewic County will edge this one out!

Prediction: LC 46 - EH 41

8:30 BOYS: Stewart County vs Creekwood

Nov 29 @ CW:     SC 52 - CW 63

Jan 10 @ SC:     SC 48 - CW 53

Just like the girls, Creekwood swept the series. But in my BIASED opinion, 3rd time is a charm with the Rebels winning! SC has played well as of late. In their most recent matchup, SC shot terrible from behind the arc while CW couldn't miss.

Prediction: SC 68 - CW 61

Edited by SCRebelNation