2017 UA All-American Game - TN Connections

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a poll on Facebook and Twitter where you can vote who will be the MVP of the All-American game. Tee Higgins is crushing the competition by around 500 votes. How in the heck did Oak Ridge lose to Walker Valley in the first round of the playoffs? It still makes me sick to think about it.

He's in second place now.

Heard from a very reliable source at the school, Tee is fine. He has needed ACT score.  He just has to complete and pass 1 class which I'm sure he will not flunk being that he hasn't flunked many if any classes at Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge is not semester its full year course load. I would hope the teachers work with him to prevent that. 

This is exactly what's wrong with kids these days. And I know it has gone on forever but that doesn't make it right. The teachers shouldn't have to work with him. After all, the only reason he is playing football is cause his school provides that athletic opportunity. It is Student-athlete...Capital S---lowercase a.

Edited by MicasaMaster

This is exactly what's wrong with kids these days. And I know it has gone on forever but that doesn't make it right. The teachers shouldn't have to work with him. After all, the only reason he is playing football is cause his school provides that athletic opportunity. It is Student-athlete...Capital S---lowercase a.

The teachers shouldn't have to work with him? That's what teachers do...work with students.

Something is wrong with kids these days because, heaven forbid, teachers work with them? What is this world coming to? Teachers working with students...disgraceful. I must be out of touch with reality...would someone please provide me with the modern definition of "teacher" because it's apparently changed.

Heard from a very reliable source at the school, Tee is fine. He has needed ACT score. He just has to complete and pass 1 class which I'm sure he will not flunk being that he hasn't flunked many if any classes at Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge is not semester its full year course load. I would hope the teachers work with him to prevent that.

I'm not sure that the public has any business knowing a high school student's academic history.

You trolls both know that the "working with" is normally not just doing a little extra tutoring. My wife works in education and you would not believe the pressure that coaches and principals put on teachers to "work with" a certain star athlete. What's ridiculous is coaches or athletes expecting good grades just cause the kid is a good player. Sorry for any confusion. Not saying that this is even the case with Tee. Just speaking in generalities.