Father Ryan wins title #25

D2Wrestling

Congrats!!! I agree, one of the teams in the country, dynasty for sure.... how dId they do against bradley and cleveland? They are by no doubt the third best team in the state.

Ha! You're always good for some cutting edge analysis, TD. Track is telling me they actually scored more team points than any team, D1 or D2, in the entire tournament - 239.5 vs 236 for Bradley and 171 for Cleveland.

I'm sure you're trying to reference the meaningless tournament early this year when Cleveland defeated a Ryan team that didn't include something like four or five members of their final lineup, but maybe we can just admit that come February, when it actually matters, Coach Simpson seems to know how to put together a lineup that can win it?

Of course, I'm sure you weren't making these snarky posts last year when FR waxed both Bradley and Cleveland in that same tournament with their full lineup...better to pick and choose when you can claim superiority, right?

Internet squabbling aside, congrats again to Father Ryan...quite the incredible run they've put together.

Other thoughts:

* Great to see Dendy get his title, one of five of McCallie's six finalists to win...a great finals run for the Blue Wave that wasn't quite enough to overcome Ryan putting 13 in the top four.

* Christian Brothers suffered one of the great collapses I think I've seen in recent state finals (referring to both Duals and Traditional) - picked by many here to win at least one title, the Purple Boys from Memphis settle for bronze in both contests

* What happened to Baylor?

* Nice to see a number of schools not traditionally thought of as powerhouses who represented well in the consolations

Ha! You're always good for some cutting edge analysis, TD. Track is telling me they actually scored more team points than any team, D1 or D2, in the entire tournament - 239.5 vs 236 for Bradley and 171 for Cleveland.

This is about the dumbest comment I have ever read. The scores in the two separate tournaments aren't comparable. D2 has A small number of teams, while D1 has close to 100 teams (???).

I don't want to get into a hypothetical discussion on who is better, but the comment above is completely irrelevant.

Oh, I did not realize that they were missing 1/3 of their team....you are right then. I apologize. NOW which 5 were they missing that would have made a difference on the match???

What are you apologizing for?

For not making the same snarky posts when FR was smoking both Bradley and Cleveland? For not recognizing that FR scored more points than any team in tournament, outscoring Cleveland by nearly 70? For thinking a tournament in early December was indicative of the final squads a team would produce in February? 

This is about the dumbest comment I have ever read. The scores in the two separate tournaments aren't comparable. D2 has A small number of teams, while D1 has close to 100 teams (???).

I don't want to get into a hypothetical discussion on who is better, but the comment above is completely irrelevant.

Wait, D1 only has one bracket? Or is it split up into separate, smaller brackets?

Yeah, my bad, I guess I was just confused when you said "D1 has close to 100 teams (???)." because I didn't realize that a D1 bracket contained “close to 100 teamsâ€!

…unless I’m not reading Track right, in which case it suggests that no D1 bracket contains anywhere CLOSE to “100 teams,†and no D1 wrestler had to get through anywhere near “100 teams†to place.