seating suggestions

maj

Most of the complaints and dislike regarding the Ag center in the first few years seems to have gone away or at least quieted down a lot. I think all involved did a fine job this year and have no problems with the building. I do think different / better mat placement in the finals could really improve the spectator viewing. Not sure the rationale in having 4 matts packed tight in the center but unless you happen to be sitting in the middle of the arena the view is not very good. I'm thinking by putting the AAA finals mat all the way in the end of the arena, opposite the score boards there would be very good viewing from three sides. the same thing should be done with the D-2 finals mat, all the way at the end , under the scoreboard. AA and Girls could be in the middle with plenty of seats for all. The idea people want to be able to view all the action simultaneously I think is mistaken. D-2 wants to watch D-2 and AAA and AA want to watch their divisions as do the girls. It would be a little bit of nothing to do this. Back in the day when there was only two divisions maybe putting the two in the center made sense but 4 is too much and the center seating inadequate in my NSHO.  

I was looking around sort of on the same page.

Now I do like to see all the action.  I paid for it, but to your point if you wanted to see it, you had to be in the center sections.

I love close action.  Nothing is better than to be mat side or as close as possible.  At Father Ryan  they used to be able to pull their bleacher sections close together and form a "pit." It was awesome and the bleachers with in ten feet of the mat on both sides.  The fans were right on top of you and you couldnt hear anything but it was fantastic.

Its hard to make it fair.  If you offered preferred seating and brought in matside seating, the Ryans, Bradleys, et al would snatch them up and the have nots would have less and be a detriment to our sport.

The Ag Center seems better attended each year.  

It's still not as good for overall viewing as UTC. Period. It is better than the old Mac Gym but only because it's more comfortable. The parking I like better than UTC but if don't mine the walk up the Hill to aquarium area Chatt has as much to offer close by. Really more if you're staying a few days and hanging around on Sunday. But in all fairness to the wrestlers. The over all way the state is set up the AG center is more convenient and it's about them not us. So get them showers.

Edited by anotherback