Clarkrange over Jackson County

hardnose

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tweeter

Oh yeah baby- big win for the LADY BUFFALOES! We are so proud of you. I tried to tell you guys they were better. Jackson County is one of the premier programs in the Southeast. Everyone has to be a believer now. Clarkrange is for real this year.

Not bragging Celina, but you guys gotta be proud for your 7A sisters. It WILL be war for the 7A crown this year. This team has some magic about them!!!!! Keep working hard girls.

I hear there was applause at the York open house tonight too when the final came over the radio!!

Wartburg has to be shaking because they make their first trip to the Buffalo Den in more than 15 years on Friday. Go big blue!

I don't think Wartburg is going to be shaking about going to Clarkrange come Friday, but they do know they will be going up against one of the premier programs in the state. The Lady Bulldogs will start a pair of sophomores and a junior, and their two top reserves are freshmen, so their best days are ahead of them. Sounds like the Lady Buffs have elevated their game since last season, congratulations on a great win over Jackson County.

The girls really had to play their hearts out tonight. I hear that Jones did a great job. You Freshmen are awsome- take this in, this is what Clarkrange basketball is all about. You guys keep working hard. You're doing great. Snow and Whittenburg- you really deserve this!!!!!!!I am so proud of you guys. You guys are, at least for tonight, the best team on the plateau!

Wartburg could give you a good game, but you never know how a young team can handle a tough road game this early in the season. Amber Jeffers and Milicent Blakney (Susak's cousin) are the two top perimeter players and can be a potent 1-2 backcourt punch. Sophomore post Whittney Cook has the potential to be a very special player the next three years at Wartburg. I think the Lady Bulldogs should finish in the top two or three (depending on how quickly they find some team chemistry) of their district, and with a few breaks could possibly win it. The district lost a lot of big-time high school players (Jacinda Susak, Amanda Jackson, Sarah Woods, Danielle Dyer, Jenny Hinds to name a few), and will be searching for a new identity this season. I think Wartburg will have their hands full with Clarkrange, but could give them a competitive game for the most part, but like I said earlier, how they handle the pressure of playing on the road against one of the top teams in the state will be key.

[Edited by kingbrian3 on 11-19-02 11:09P]

I was at the game and to say the Buffaloes are better than last would be a stretch, the bench is lacking but with the four guard offense Michelle Snow had a chance to shine against the Jackson County defenders. Also Clarkrange shot the ball extremely well as they have a tendency to do at home and Jackson did not, but as I say they look different than last year and some people say they have a better attitude but they have not done anything that they didn't do last with the exception of Snow looked great. Still will be intersted and see what a team that can consistently score on the post against Clarkrange, such as a Celina will do to a small bench and undersized team. Anyway big and congrats the Lady Buffs.

I can't believe anyone could get on here and critisize Clarkrange after last night 00! They got it done against the three time AA state champs after being down by 13 in the 1st half. Celina would have not wanted to played Clarkrange last night. They were hot! And from what I understand Celina was cold playing and lossing to a Upperman team that has lost 90% of it's scoring from last year.

Guest Tweeter

Clarkrange played their hearts out last night. You could see it in them- they really wanted that game. I think if you asked Jackson County players or Coach Brown they'd tell you that Clarkrange's future looks really bright and they are gonna have a great year if they stay healthy. Alot can happen, but for now Clarkrange earns the title as the #1 team in the Upper Cumberland. We all have to put them right there with Celina, Livingston, Jackson Co, Cookeville, etc.

Marissa Hensley (#40) for Jackson County had a real good game on the inside aginst Clarkrange. I think that she had 27 points (11 in the first 5 minutes of the game) in the loosing cause. I have to hand it to Clarkrange though. #00 is for real, and they probably made 15 3 pointers. Great game and good luck to both teams the rest of the way.