Rossview moves to Region 4 6A

poppop

• 3 weeks later...

Poppop,

Lot's of changes at Rossview. New Coaches and a tough new region.

I think they have a lot of the right pieces and Coach Hood is up for the challenge.

But they may be looking at a 5-5 season with their schedule.

Here is what your new region did last year:

Wilson Central 8-3 (1st Round)  

Mt Juliet 9-3 (2nd Round)

Hendersonville 7-3

Station Camp 4-6 (beat Rossview)

Lebanon 1-10 

I expect Rossview to upset at least one of the top 3 teams in this region.

They will just have to get over their week one upset loss.

I would expect Rossview to come in 4th behind, Wilson Central, MJ, and Hendersonville.  Lebanon from what I am hearing is on the rise from the bottom and Station Camp may be headed toward the bottom with so many star players leaving them this past off season.  

23 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Poppop,

Lot's of changes at Rossview. New Coaches and a tough new region.

I think they have a lot of the right pieces and Coach Hood is up for the challenge.

But they may be looking at a 5-5 season with their schedule.

Here is what your new region did last year:

Wilson Central 8-3 (1st Round)  

Mt Juliet 9-3 (2nd Round)

Hendersonville 7-3

Station Camp 4-6 (beat Rossview)

Lebanon 1-10 

I expect Rossview to upset at least one of the top 3 teams in this region.

They will just have to get over their week one upset loss.

Interesting analysis Pilgrim. We'll see how they do in this tough region. 

As far as that first game, It's going to be more interesting than everyone ( except you) predict. First of all, it's a huge rivalry. You can throw out the "perceived talent" factor to some extent. Second, it's the first game so nobody knows really what anyone has until they actually play. I expect a good game to watch. Rossview should not come in expecting to win. Overconfidence will get you beat. 

I did watch CHS at McCraken 7 on 7. I thought they looked pretty good from a passing game perspective. Some defensive holes, but much better that I expected based on the "talk". 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, poppop said:

Interesting analysis Pilgrim. We'll see how they do in this tough region. 

As far as that first game, It's going to be more interesting than everyone ( except you) predict. First of all, it's a huge rivalry. You can throw out the "perceived talent" factor to some extent. Second, it's the first game so nobody knows really what anyone has until they actually play. I expect a good game to watch. Rossview should not come in expecting to win. Overconfidence will get you beat. 

I did watch CHS at McCraken 7 on 7. I thought they looked pretty good from a passing game perspective. Some defensive holes, but much better that I expected based on the "talk". 

Really cant see this being a close game...Rossview returns pretty much the same team they had last year. Coaching change is always hard, but I hear the new RHS coach stepped in running.

From what I've seen and heard, this is how the region shakes out. I could see any of the top 4 winning it, but I'm going be a bit of a homer. We have the talent to win it, and I think this is the year that we get it done.

Prediction:

1. Wilson Central

2. Hendersonville

3. Mt. Juliet

4. Rossview

5. Station Camp

6. Lebanon

Collierville wasn't really 3-7. They played an inelgible player and had to forfeit some games. That was a bad break for us, but we still played bad.  Last year has nothing to do with this year. Mount Juliet can definitely win the region, but I'm still picking Central. We have just as much talent as MJ. We beat them this year.

7 minutes ago, WCndaHouse said:

Collierville wasn't really 3-7. They played an inelgible player and had to forfeit some games. That was a bad break for us, but we still played bad.  Last year has nothing to do with this year. Mount Juliet can definitely win the region, but I'm still picking Central. We have just as much talent as MJ. We beat them this year.

That makes sense now.

I only put MJ on top because they are returning a lot of players from an already good team.

15 starters returning

5-offense

10-defense (which averaged 15.5 points against per game last year)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview and Hendersonville are two really good additions and will make for a very strong region.