East Ham vs Signal Mnt

payner410

On 8/12/2017 at 10:58 PM, MountainTroll said:

Looks like the Caines got some speed and skill players, but not so much on the line. I like my Eagles' chance in this one, especially as a home opener. redthumb.gif

If you don"t turn it over you are correct. Trust me having skill players and good backs works well in middle school but not at this level. Got to have some guys up front. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, chattacane said:

If you don"t turn it over you are correct. Trust me having skill players and good backs works well in middle school but not at this level. Got to have some guys up front. 

We don't have a lot of size or experience up front, but the guys are well coached and do their job pretty well. I'm looking for a competitive and exciting game.

I always enjoy the opening game against the Canes. This has been the first game of the season for both schools since they opened. Currently, it stands at 4-4.

You just never know what each team has or how the guys will handle first-night jitters and getting punched in the mouth. I like our chances tonight, but you just never know. Gotta love high school football. redthumb.gif

GO EAGLES ! ! !

Canes win 36-31 in an agonizingly long game. I never have been a fan of the spread offense, and when both teams run it, I can hardly stand to watch. :bored:  It is what it is, though. You have to run what you have the players to run. Both teams have speed and talent, but not the big guys. Both teams played hard, and the players are to be commended. Typical first game mistakes on both sides.

Kudos to the EH staff for making the appropriate defensive adjustments in the second half.

Overall, a very competitive game that could have gone either way. Hopefully, both teams will learn from the experience and get better every week.

Things are improving on Signal. We just need to keep a positive mental attitude and get back to where we expect to win, learn to finish and learn to win. Should be an exciting season. redthumb.gif

Edited by MountainTroll