Official govs vs panthers

23 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Get your popcorn ready. There's gonna be some all out wars in 6A region 2. Except for Mcminn County. They have already accepted defeat against Merryville, Ooltewah, and Bradley Central. Lmao

I just screenshot this post, for just in case u eat crow. U might not be too familiar with McMinn but they will get better as the season goes on, they always do and always end up being better than expectations. U better hope y'all beat them because if y'all don't I'm gonna give u heck

5 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I just screenshot this post, for just in case u eat crow. U might not be too familiar with McMinn but they will get better as the season goes on, they always do and always end up being better than expectations. U better hope y'all beat them because if y'all don't I'm gonna give u heck

Actually,

Mcminn is the one who has already said that we are an automatic win for them. I didnt say anything about us beating them. I just read an article where their coach pretty much said they expect to lose to Maryville, Ooltewah, and Bradley.  He said they hope to slip into that fourth spot. I just thought that was funny. Its one thing to think those things, but its another matter entirely to say them. It doesnt really inspire confidence in your team when the coach says those things.

Edited by TheGuvna

8 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Actually,

Mcminn is the one who has already said that we are an automatic win for them. I didnt say anything about us beating them. I just read an article where their coach pretty much said they expect to lose to Maryville, Ooltewah, and Bradley.  He said they hope to slip into that fourth spot. I just thought that was funny. Its one thing to think those things, but its another matter entirely to say them. It doesnt really inspire confidence in your team when the coach says those things.

Just an old coaching strategy so everyone can overlook them. Anyone that's familiar with high school football in east tenn knows McMinn is never a push over. Especially in Athens 

Gonna take my Panthers by 40. Haha. Honestly dont know what to expect this year. Be glad to see them get back to the same level as a team they had just a few years ago. Been some disappointing few years around there. But with Wampler gone from the middle school there's already better flow, and willingness to work with our little leauge program and the high school. I think coach Wilhite will do a good job with the middle school team. Wasn't he a WB coach at one time?

1 minute ago, LCVolman said:

Gonna take my Panthers by 40. Haha. Honestly dont know what to expect this year. Be glad to see them get back to the same level as a team they had just a few years ago. Been some disappointing few years around there. But with Wampler gone from the middle school there's already better flow, and willingness to work with our little leauge program and the high school. I think coach Wilhite will do a good job with the middle school team. Wasn't he a WB coach at one time?

Wilhite was the defensive coordinator under Meadows. He was also the interim head coach in 2008 when Meadows stepped down.