Baylor versus Notre Dame (Finley Kickoff Classic)

Spartan4Life

Thursday is a big double header at Finley. First up is Baylor and Norte Dame. 

I have not seen Notre Dame in any scrimmages this year so it's hard for me to speak on them presently. 

Baylor played it close to the vest tonight in the jamboree  subbed out starters after first score in a 7-0 win over Tyner. 

My gut says Baylor is too seasoned to lose this one. 

Baylor 24 Notre Dame 7 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BoydBucFan said:

This will be the game of the week. Two physical and well coached teams. ND pulls it out in the end.  31-24

You are grossly underestimating the level that these D2-AAA play on. ND is use to a 3A schedule which is about the level of the SunBelt. The D2-large division is like the SEC. 

If ND pulls this off they have gotten a LOT better from last year and Baylor is going to struggle this season. 

No disrespect to ND they have a fine program and will compete well in D2AA but this is another level. We will see Thursday. There is a reason they play the games  

Year in and out Baylor and McCallie are the best teams in Chattanooga and it's often not even close. The past few years only Ooltewah and Rhea County could have possibly kept it competitive but still did or would have fallen by multiple scores.  

Edited by Spartan4Life

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

You are grossly underestimating the level that these D2-AAA play on. ND is use to a 3A schedule which is about the level of the SunBelt. The D2-large division is like the SEC. 

If ND pulls this off they have gotten a LOT better from last year and Baylor is going to struggle this season. 

No disrespect to ND they have a fine program and will compete well in D2AA but this is another level. We will see Thursday. There is a reason they play the games  

Year in and out Baylor and McCallie are the best teams in Chattanooga and it's often not even close. The past few years only Ooltewah and Rhea County could have possibly kept it competitive but still did or would have fallen by multiple scores.  

Maybe...just maybe

2 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

and the school Pilot owns is goin to the W or L column gainst these Chattanooga giants?

Booger just sayin :D 

Edited by Booger

6 minutes ago, Booger said:

and the school Pilot owns is goin to the W or L column gainst these Chattanooga giants?

Booger just sayin :D 

Webb plays McCallie. I hear McCallie is really young this year. Webb has 19 returning starters and D1 speed. If they can be healthy after a probable loss to Ensworth I give them a good shot. 

Last two meetings between Webb and McCallie came in 2007 and 2008. They split. 

2007: Webb 31 McCallie 28

2008: Webb 7 McCallie 21

I give Webb a better chance to beat McCallie than if they had played Baylor this year. Baylor defensive scheme seems to give wing-t teams big trouble.

If this was the college football playoff it would have 1. Baylor playing 4 Notre Dame. 2 McCallie playing 3 Webb. Obviously Baylor and McCallie would be the favorites but I'd give Webb a better shot at a McCallie (if healthy) than ND against Baylor this year. 

But once again we will see. Big respect to ND for agreeing to play a top 10 team year in and year out. 

4 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

...If ND pulls this off they have gotten a LOT better from last year and Baylor is going to struggle this season. ...

I think the leprechauns has got a LOT better this year. They've growed some linemen from somewheres, and talent all over the field. QB looks like he will have an outstanding year.

And yes ... I think Baylor will struggle this season with DII AAA teams.  :cry:

On 8/14/2017 at 2:43 PM, Spartan4Life said:

Webb plays McCallie. I hear McCallie is really young this year. Webb has 19 returning starters and D1 speed. If they can be healthy after a probable loss to Ensworth I give them a good shot. 

Last two meetings between Webb and McCallie came in 2007 and 2008. They split. 

2007: Webb 31 McCallie 28

2008: Webb 7 McCallie 21

I give Webb a better chance to beat McCallie than if they had played Baylor this year. Baylor defensive scheme seems to give wing-t teams big trouble.

If this was the college football playoff it would have 1. Baylor playing 4 Notre Dame. 2 McCallie playing 3 Webb. Obviously Baylor and McCallie would be the favorites but I'd give Webb a better shot at a McCallie (if healthy) than ND against Baylor this year. 

But once again we will see. Big respect to ND for agreeing to play a top 10 team year in and year out. 

Booger would probably give ND a better shot at McCallie than ND at Baylor this year also...if healthy....could also say Booger likes ND shot against Baylor than ND against McCallie....a big challenge against Chattanoogas and TFP's darlins either way

Booger just sayin :rolleyes:

Edited by Booger

it appears that the Red Raiders have decided to move their big D1 recruit over to offense for double duty at tailback for Thursday matchup against the Irish.......guessin Massy and crew saw a nice opportunity at the Friday night Jamboree to run a little test on the young Irish LB corp

Booger just sayin :hungry: