Rhea County Golden Eagles Play host to Blackman

Blaze45

36 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

Well Blackman definitely showed why they are #2 in 6A and should be in the top 10 regardless of class. Master Teague lived up to the hype. He is such a bowling ball when he gets rolling down hill. Connor Mitchell is a  phenomenal QB. He can get it done with his arm and his legs I think he had 4 TDs tonight. Christian Simon had a good night for rhea 91 yd receiving and another 144 rushing. Hope all the Blackman folks had a good trip to Evensville and good luck the rest of the year. 

Thanks for the hospitality and great atmosphere for friday night football. I know you guys will bounce back and finish up very well. 

Blackmon is as good as advertised, the real deal, the best offensive team I have seen in a while. To beat the Blaze this year your gonna have to put up 50 or 60 and try to out score them. 

I was a little concerned after last weeks game but I saw enough Friday to see that the Eagles will be OK. Rhea was overmatched but they didn't play like it. They came out swinging and swung til the end. The offensive line play was much improved this week the backs ran hard and finished each run fighting for every inch. Hayden Fraisier stepped up and done a nice job of filling in for Pemberton at QB, he ran the offense well, took good care of the football and had some nice plays. It's easy to be 0-1, go into a game against "superior" opponent with your backup QB and just fall apart - that did not happen.

Although the score won't reflect it, I thought the defense played solid and scrappy against a very explosive and talented offense.

Lets get some guys healthy, clean up some of these penalties and see what happens......

GO EAGLES!!! 

Edited by RCfan