Morristown East Football What Need To Change?

EASTFAN

Terrible coaching, we couldn’t block or catch the football. This is plain embarrassing we looked this unprepared for a live TV. Game. The blame fall squarely on the Coaches, basic fundamental of playing football is missing on this team. If you cannot get the snap from center, you have no chance on offense. Who is responsible for East offensive line? They haven’t blocked anyone in two games. Major changes have to be made up front. East must find someone who can snap the football, and find a player or two who are willing to block. East’s has too much talent in the backfield going too wasted, because there is no place to run. I have been watching this erratic and undisciplined coaching staff for the last 4 years. You know the football Mantra, you see the biggest improvement from week one game too week two. Base on the faces in the stands from East high supports, week two improvement was missing for sure. I know this is a long seasons and things can get turn around. I am not falling into the trap, we have always improved as the season has gone a long. This is true, if you base it on wins the past few years. If you investigate more closely, you found out that just about every team is really bad and has a losing record. My perspective is, East should be completive in every game, because the talent is there. If someone else has a better explanation for this mess, please respond.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:34 PM, EASTFAN said:

Terrible coaching, we couldn’t block or catch the football. This is plain embarrassing we looked this unprepared for a live TV. Game. The blame fall squarely on the Coaches, basic fundamental of playing football is missing on this team. If you cannot get the snap from center, you have no chance on offense. Who is responsible for East offensive line? They haven’t blocked anyone in two games. Major changes have to be made up front. East must find someone who can snap the football, and find a player or two who are willing to block. East’s has too much talent in the backfield going too wasted, because there is no place to run. I have been watching this erratic and undisciplined coaching staff for the last 4 years. You know the football Mantra, you see the biggest improvement from week one game too week two. Base on the faces in the stands from East high supports, week two improvement was missing for sure. I know this is a long seasons and things can get turn around. I am not falling into the trap, we have always improved as the season has gone a long. This is true, if you base it on wins the past few years. If you investigate more closely, you found out that just about every team is really bad and has a losing record. My perspective is, East should be completive in every game, because the talent is there. If someone else has a better explanation for this mess, please respond.

Wells for coach of the year

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, EASTFAN said:

I know nothing about your coaching staff or talent, but isn't it probable that playing two pretty solid 6A teams may be why the Hurricanes are 2-0?

5 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I know nothing about your coaching staff or talent, but isn't it probable that playing two pretty solid 6A teams may be why the Hurricanes are 2-0?

I watch one of the best teams in the state Greenville High school last friday night. They are as good as any team in the state, that includes Maryville & Oakland. Greenville has beaten DB & Morristown West already this year. Both DB & Morristown West are 6A and Greeneville is 4A so school size has nothing to do with it. Come down to players and coaching, you can only play 11 players at a time. Yes depth can be a issues, but it only come up when you play a team with equal talent, We will see this week, this is the 1st region game. We have to win this week or we are look at o-5 for sure. We have Campbell Co. after playing Cherokee, beating Campbell Co. was going to be hard anyway. East's has got to start showing some type of improvement this week or the season could be lost.

Edited by EASTFAN

4 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

I watch one of the best teams in the state Greenville High school last friday night. They are as good as any team in the state, that includes Maryville & Oakland. Greenville has beaten DB & Morristown West already this year. Both DB & Morristown West are 6A and Greeneville is 4A so school size has nothing to do with it. Come down to players and coaching, you can only play 11 players at a time. Yes depth can be a issues, but it only come up when you play a team with equal talent, We will see this week, this is the 1st region game. We have to win this week or we are look at o-5 for sure. We have Campbell Co. after playing Cherokee, beating Campbell Co. was going to be hard anyway. East's has got to start showing some type of improvement this week or the season could be lost.

This week won't be easy either. should Hunt get more snaps after the way he came in and finished the Jeff Co game?

3 hours ago, HurricaneWarning said:

Do you not think Jeff Co is very good?  I thought they controlled us better than West.

I think Jefferson Co. is really good up front. I would give the edge to Morristown West on the offensive line and Jefferson Co. on their Defensive line. Overall I think Morristown West is better, because their QB Foreback can really throw it. Jefferson Co. is going to need more speed in the backfield to make that offense work against teams in this region. Most of the teams in this region will be able to match Jefferson Co. up front. So you are looking at low scoring games because I think Jefferson Co. defense is pretty good. They are going to have trouble keeping up with the speed of DB,SH,MW and just about everyone else in this conference. Jeff. Co. Defense will have to hold teams scoring down to give themself a chance in the 2nd half. Offense they are running is a ball control offense so it they get behind by a few scores, they could be in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2017 at 6:51 PM, EASTFAN said:

Watch the Campbell county Oak Ridge game. CC really looked good. Really not sure how OR came away with a win. CC big time short passing just ate into OR secondary. It appears ME played Cherokee as good as CC but Campbell County will score some points. OR had no answer for the CC QB protection. Adjustments at half time save OR by 2 points. Good luck Morristown as I despise CC LOL :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight