MEMPHIS EAST VS MEMPHIS CENTRAL

Briscoe

East just came off a big victory over defending state champs Trezevant 14-0. Central just defeated Kipp. Central basically has had two scrimmages. Central 2-0/East is 1-1. I see this game being won in the trenches, Both teams have huge offensive lines. Whoever can get the run game going will win this game. East defense looked like a totally different this week, pitching a shutout against the defending state champions. I think this one goes down to the wire, but I can't go against the heart of a champion! East 21- Central 20

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wilddog said:

East just came off a big victory over defending state champs Trezevant 14-0. Central just defeated Kipp. Central basically has had two scrimmages. Central 2-0/East is 1-1. I see this game being won in the trenches, Both teams have huge offensive lines. Whoever can get the run game going will win this game. East defense looked like a totally different this week, pitching a shutout against the defending state champions. I think this one goes down to the wire, but I can't go against the heart of a champion! East 21- Central 20

Wilddog, it's good to see other Memphis posters on here starting threads.

I have to admit that I haven't given this game much thought because the Haven invades Cordova this Friday. However, you raise some good points about Central's 1st two games. East has played two good teams in Cordova and Trezevant. Central will be a bigger team then Trezevant. They will be more like Cordova then Trezevant, in that manner. That Central D-Line ... with the Mr. Football 'Best Lineman' award winner anchoring it is going to be something different entirely. I was in the stands and I watched a smaller, yet physical, Trezevant D-line give those East behemoths FITS. I watched that Trezevant 'D' pitch a shut out in the 2nd half. I don't know if 21-20 will even be reached. Maybe 14-13 ... idk. 

I'm going to have to meditate on this one.

28 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

As I stated in another thread, I'm more of a D2 guy, but I do follow some of the bigger Memphis D1 schools. I think Central could sneak up on some people this year and I see them winning this game. They may end up second in their region behind Whitehaven. 

I don't want to hijack this thread with Whitehaven talk, but I would like to hear more of your thoughts on Region 8, 6A. Maybe we create a Region 6A thread and discuss that topic individually

That being stated, I'm leaning towards Central as well. I haven't pulled the trigger on that just yet. I'd like to see others weigh in on this.

4 hours ago, kwc said:

I don't want to hijack this thread with Whitehaven talk, but I would like to hear more of your thoughts on Region 8, 6A. Maybe we create a Region 6A thread and discuss that topic individually

That being stated, I'm leaning towards Central as well. I haven't pulled the trigger on that just yet. I'd like to see others weigh in on this.

6A in Memphis thread

1 hour ago, coach10ac said:

East playmaker went down with a leg injury...he already had a brace on it. If he doesn't play it may be the only chance east had of winning....he returned K.O's and punts. 

he is not the only playmaker we have. But he is valuable to the team. He dont do k.o or punts. #2 return k.o for us. 

14 hours ago, Mustang49 said:

central is good. But i dont see them beating us. We havent even put together a complete game yet. Central hasn't played anyone. I do think it will come down to the offensive and defensive line. When our defense and offense get to clicking at the same time its gone be scary. 

Well of course you don't see that ... you are an East guy. However, from my POV it's not that clear cut. Just because Central hasn't played any one of note, doesn't mean that East will win either. Central seems to have worked out the kinks from game 1 to game 2. I listened to that Central Melrose game on 88.5 and from what I remember hearing was Central just blowing off one toe after another. It was also the first game of the season when everybody is 0-0, and everybody has a shot at playing in the state championship game at the end of the season.

I agree ... line play is key. I'm thinking Central's depth will overcome any size advantage that East has with those two giants on the O-line. Wrister playing both ways will render him meaningless late in the 3rd quarter and throughout the 4th. I don't know ... but the more i think about it the more I'm leaning towards Central.

2 hours ago, kwc said:

Well of course you don't see that ... you are an East guy. However, from my POV it's not that clear cut. Just because Central hasn't played any one of note, doesn't mean that East will win either. Central seems to have worked out the kinks from game 1 to game 2. I listened to that Central Melrose game on 88.5 and from what I remember hearing was Central just blowing off one toe after another. It was also the first game of the season when everybody is 0-0, and everybody has a shot at playing in the state championship game at the end of the season.

I agree ... line play is key. I'm thinking Central's depth will overcome any size advantage that East has with those two giants on the O-line. Wrister playing both ways will render him meaningless late in the 3rd quarter and throughout the 4th. I don't know ... but the more i think about it the more I'm leaning towards Central.

I never said they wasnt good. I said they havent played anybody. We have made a lot mistakes to. Just look at it as this. In cordova game if our defense would of played likw we played saturday in the cordova game. It would of been a different outcome. Saturday our offense ran up and down the field on trezvant. The score should of been like 40-0. We had a lot of dropped balls that would of been touchdowns. We have yet put together a complete game. But you got your opinion i got mine. I know we gone win. But we have always proven peoples wrong. Just like last year.

Edited by Mustang49