Cleveland @ Bradley

DaChampsAgain

5 minutes ago, alt1958 said:

OK one -of the biggest rivalries in the state (and maybe the biggest locally outside Baylor - McCallie or South Pitt - Marion County) and we are worried about the OWLS and Passy over a game we won almost 2 weeks ago? Geeeeeeesshhhhh  Enough with the hooting Passy, the owls are meaningless this Friday night. :D

It's Bradley  vs Cleveland for the 43rd time and it don't get any better than that!

Does Cleveland's Caywood play or does Burkin get the call on Friday night? 

Can the Bears "Black Hole Defense" slow down Jones and Elder like they did last year?

Does Standifer and the offense rock and roll or does Cleveland's defense cause trouble?

THOSE are the questions of importance.......

Since 1965 Bradley and Cleveland have played 42 times. Cleveland leads the series 27-15. Cleveland's biggest margin of victory was in 1991 with a 75-8 victory. Bradley's biggest margin of Victory was in 1978 with a 43-0 win.

My favorite victory was in 1974 when the Bears won 14-13, after trailing 13-7 with 1:14 left in the game and taking the ball 80 yards and scoring the winning TD in the middle of Cleveland's band as they lined for an expected victory march. :)  A close second would be the 27-26 Bear win 2009.

The largest crowd I can remember to see this game was the 1976 game at Bear Stadium in which it was standing room only in the stadium, 3 deep at the rails and the bank of grass in the horseshoe half filled with people. Bradley wins 21-13, on their way to a state championship.

The second largest, I remember, was at Cleveland in 1977 where the stands were filled and temporary stands were added in the end zones and were packed to capacity. The Bears win once again 35-23.

Ok, fellow Bradley and you Cleveland fans, I know you guys have some thoughts and favorites. Let's get this thread back on track.

Thanks for the memories Alt. Good ole days when both teams were really good. Back when the whole town turned out for friday nights instead of staying home making music videos, playing video games or trying to take the perfect picture for Instagram. What's it called - a selfie? Good Lord help us!

The 70's were amazing under Coach Louie and the boys. I miss the good ole days! I'll be there wearing my black and gold and cheering on my Bears. 

Defense and special teams will be the key with all these so called high powered offenses. It always comes down to who can get a stop when they have to and get the Defense off the field! Go Bears!

10 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Keep in mind guys that Passy will talk and pump up his team no matter if they are the worst team in the state. And at the same time talk down to a team that beat them. Lol no point in arguing with him it's useless. 

If passy had a quarter for every logical and well thought out post he has made the last 3-4 years, he would have... very empty pockets. 

Edited by FootballFan51
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, alt1958 said:

It's Bradley  vs Cleveland for the 43rd time and it don't get any better than that!

Ok, fellow Bradley and you Cleveland fans, I know you guys have some thoughts and favorites. Let's get this thread back on track.

In other words, Passy - go debate the Bradley & Ooltewah game on that game's thread... 

These teams are still in the hunt and are playing play #BigBoyFootball this week. Ooltewah will prolly finish 4th in the #BigBoyFootball classification. 

• Like 1

Back to the game, I think Cleveland 's OL is better than Cleveland people are giving them credit for. Like someone said - Catholic is full of D1 athletes up front. Probably the best in the state in any classification. Bradley's DLine is athletic, but very small - probably nobody over 200 pounds... 

i think Bradley has the edge, especially if Caywood doesn't play, but I think the team with the fewest turnovers will win the game. 

Both teams have players that can take it to the house on any play. Cleveland will have to tackle good and manufacture some sort of passing game. Two very good teams. 

I predict:

BCHS 35

Cleveland 28

Edited by FootballFan51

THERE GOES DEM SANDBAGGING BLUERAIDERZ. I THINK THEY USE SANDBAGGING AS A DEFENSE MECHANISM JUST IN CASE THEY GET MOLLYWHOPPED. THEY DON'T TALK TRASH BEFORE LIKE PA. THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE BACKLASH LIKE PA WHEN I STICK MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH:o. IT DON'T BOTHER ME.. ITS JUST A HS GAME. GOOD LUCK TO DEM SANDBAGGING BLUERAIDERZ AND DA BAAD NEWS BEARZ!

35-27 

#LOP