Morristown East vs Campbell Co. (My Take On The Game)

EASTFAN

My view point on the Campbell Co. Game Friday night.

1. Morristown East’s was in the dumpiest pass coverage known to man. Why play off WR 5 yards? It becomes pitch and catch right down the field. The QB for Campbell Co. throws the short to mid-level passes very well. If a team is going to throw a lot of short screens, you must pressman cover their Wideout. Get real physical with them off the line of scrimmage. I know someone will say they will just run right by us. This is true, if the other teams have those type of athlete. Campbell Co. has quicker receiver then guys with a lot of speed. QB for Campbell Co. really doesn’t like contact, if your teams get after their QB with some solid hits, he will start short arming his passes like he did against East’s last Friday night. By the way, that keep everything in front of us Coach Wells worked out just great didn’t it. Campbell Co. passed for almost 400 yards.

2. Penalty’s, what in the world was going on? Yes, I think the Zebra’s. we’re picking on East’s all night. How many penalties did the Zebras call for lineman down fields or lineman in the backfield. East’s had 175 yards of penalty yards just in the 2nd half.  This Zebras crew should be ashamed of themselves on the way they called the 2nd half. You have no chance of beating anybody with that many penalty yards. East’s didn’t help itself with all those un-discipline penalties. We had at least 4 personal foul penalty because, we haven’t learned how to keep are mouth shut. Every time you started running you mouth or get into some type of pushing match with another player you are hurting your team.

3. The offense game plan was good, it just hard to get anything going when you are fighting the Zebras all night. I could tell after what I read in the newspaper this team wouldn.t be ready Friday night. Coach Wells, you must play to win (Cherokee game) not afraid to lose. Let the kids play, attack on both sides of the ball and let see what happen. Playing this bent but don’t break defense has gotten us off to 1-3 start. I really hope you let the Dog’s loose this week against Bristol, because getting to 2-0 in the region is all that matters.

Edited by EASTFAN
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

My view point on the Campbell Co. Game Friday night.

1. Morristown East’s was in the dumpiest pass coverage known to man. Why play off WR 5 yards? It becomes pitch and catch right down the field. The QB for Campbell Co. throws the short to mid-level passes very well. If a team is going to throw a lot of short screens, you must pressman cover their Wideout. Get real physical with them off the line of scrimmage. I know someone will say they will just run right by us. This is true, if the other teams have those type of athlete. Campbell Co. has quicker receiver then guys with a lot of speed. QB for Campbell Co. really doesn’t like contact, if your teams get after their QB with some solid hits, he will start short arming his passes like he did against East’s last Friday night. By the way, that keep everything in front of us Coach Wells worked out just great didn’t it. Campbell Co. passed for almost 400 yards.

2. Penalty’s, what in the world was going on? Yes, I think the Zebra’s. we’re picking on East’s all night. How many penalties did the Zebras call for lineman down fields or lineman in the backfield. East’s had 175 yards of penalty yards just in the 2nd half.  This Zebras crew should be ashamed of themselves on the way they called the 2nd half. You have no chance of beating anybody with that many penalty yards. East’s didn’t help itself with all those un-discipline penalties. We had at least 4 personal foul penalty because, we haven’t learned how to keep are mouth shut. Every time you started running you mouth or get into some type of pushing match with another player you are hurting your team.

3. The offense game plan was good, it just hard to get anything going when you are fighting the Zebras all night. I could tell after what I read in the newspaper this team wouldn.t be ready Friday night. Coach Wells, you must play to win (Cherokee game) not afraid to lose. Let the kids play, attack on both sides of the ball and let see what happen. Playing this bent but don’t break defense has gotten us off to 1-3 start. I really hope you let the Dog’s loose this week against Bristol, because getting to 2-0 in the region is all that matters.

Yeah, but how were the chili dogs? I'm asking for a friend.