Sullivan North vs South Greene

Gunner0331

17 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I've not read the other thread nor heard anything much about the game. Did they play the 1's the whole game?

I think Jarrett is a pretty good coach but he also has a heckuva talent pool to draw from! 

They pulled the ones about mid 3rd...They kicked an onsides kick up 35-0 in the first half was the only thing i thought was a little questionable, being as we hadnt so much as got a first down.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, old24eagle said:

They pulled the ones about mid 3rd...They kicked an onsides kick up 35-0 in the first half was the only thing i thought was a little questionable, being as we hadnt so much as got a first down.

Go back and watch Hudl. The ones played first series (Sams scored on keeper to the left) 1s defense never came back on in 2nd half. 

4 minutes ago, Kickersdad said:

Go back and watch Hudl. The ones played first series (Sams scored on keeper to the left) 1s defense never came back on in 2nd half. 

your right, when the clock doesnt stop, one series will put you about midway through a quarter. I dont know exactly the time just know them and us both started second half with ones and started rolling em in as the third went along. By the time yall got down the field and scored we didnt have a defensive starter on the field(not that it mattered) other than #4 and #9 who are freshmen and a soph. Like i said none of us had a problem with the score or how the game went other than the officials allowing the play to continue WAAAY longer than it should have most of the time. 

Just now, old24eagle said:

your right, when the clock doesnt stop, one series will put you about midway through a quarter. I dont know exactly the time just know them and us both started second half with ones and started rolling em in as the third went along. By the time yall got down the field and scored we didnt have a defensive starter on the field(not that it mattered) other than #4 and #9 who are freshmen and a soph. Like i said none of us had a problem with the score or how the game went other than the officials allowing the play to continue WAAAY longer than it should have most of the time. 

I agree,  the officials, especially the one on the side lines should have used the whistle sooner for both sides. Can't let teenager attitudes and tempers control the game.  That's HS football though, why we love it, why we hate it. 

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

was the game ever really in question or did North dominate the whole game? 

To me, I was kind of skeptical on how it would turn out because of our performance with CD and NV. I though this was an up year for SG. It was typical SG during the 1st quarter though. They come out strong then it seems they implode afterwards for the rest of the game. Every year I have watched us play them we struggle to score the first quarter then as the game goes on we run the score up on them until its time to put the second and third string in. Might have something to do with which team is in better shape physically. Our defense really started to click this game as well.

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

We understand "rough starts" up here! 

Meth heads in your neck of the woods too??? Stay locked and loaded pal

Nah, Every year during homecoming, the football players go around rolling each others yards with TP. Been a school tradition for a while now. Football players, cheerleaders and the whole lot. I was somehow fortunate and my yard never got hit. my son somehow managed to keep it from happening. probably because I told him he would have to clean it up since it was his buddies.

1 minute ago, Gunner0331 said:

Nah, Every year during homecoming, the football players go around rolling each others yards with TP. Been a school tradition for a while now. Football players, cheerleaders and the whole lot. I was somehow fortunate and my yard never got hit. my son somehow managed to keep it from happening. probably because I told him he would have to clean it up since it was his buddies.

Ah! I see

26 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

DAD! You text that boy & told him to kick on-side while up 35-0??!! No wonder there were ejections :roflol:

I'm just a messn men!!

Didn't mean to hijack Gunner's thread

Post all you want fellow father's. Nobody post anything on my threads anyhow. There will be a lot of posting next week I suppose. On whoever is first to start the Hampton/ North thread. Either myself or Uknoit