Lipscomb Football

johnnymackbrown

On 10/5/2017 at 0:13 PM, cbg said:

Lipscomb can get it going again but success in D2 comes with a high price tag.  Head coaches, assistant coaches and facilities will cost big $$$$ if you want to attract the caliber of athletes it takes to win.  A prime example is how Father Ryan and Pope John Paul II have not been able to compete with MBA, Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, etc... in D2 because they don't have a large enough check book!

now this response is from the perspective of the private Catholic HS's in TN......but in a way could be the perspctive of other privates

....unless we are able to keep our current President, AD and HC....the Irish will more than likely fall into that same category at sum point in the futire......Father Ryan & Pope John Paul II (especially) are little bit of a suprise with those facilities that have been put in place and them both havin the Diocese within Rock throwin distances of them.....as with Christian Brothers, St Benedict and Knoxville Catholic......look at the facilities they have in place and are improvin upon......the money is there..

......you look at ND facilities and then look at the rest of the Catholic HS facilities that have been provided to them .....its then easier to understand the importance of havin the good fortunes of a great HS President and AD  that understand the importance of bein very competitive in sports and that are committed to doin that.....and havin a Talented HC with a vison helps also

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/5/2017 at 10:28 PM, CFAfan said:

No way LA makes a change after this season IMO. They will cite playing in a new division, low SR numbers, injuries, etc. He makes it 1 more year at least. It really doesn't matter though. They can go hire Nick Saban but they just don't have any talent to compete at that level. They couldn't compete in DIIA for that matter. Unless LA is willing to invest big $$ in the program they will continue to be embarrassed. That loss to Goodpasture is really a gut punch to the program. 

You fellers can be competitive without spending those price tags. People and coaches are most important. Booger's catlicks win without facilities and without hiring a catlick coach. Get out with those excuses and go get you fellers a proper coach like they used to have and muster all the dad gum support yall fellers can! Then see what happens.

10212044-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

LA is sleeping in the bed they made. When they hired the current coach there was no search and certainly no investment in football. They simply promoted someone already on staff who had minimal coaching experience. Not sure they care if they are competitive or not. The basketball team is a shell of what it used to be as well. Looks to me like the administration could care less about athletics.

Well running the Wing-T Offense in D2-AA with the players they have is the biggest question mark. Their identity is lost. It would be amazing to see what they might do if they lined up in the power i and ran some smash mouth football with the occasional play-action/boot plays. I know the Oregon D-lineman isn't coming back, but some of their best looking plays came at the end of the season last year with him at fullback leading the way for #21(correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was his #). They still have the personnel to run that type of offense, but have already blown 8 opportunities for the kids to have a chance to win. C'mon coaches! Put your team in a position to succeed and stop banging your head with redundant and predictable play-calling.

5 hours ago, Timetogo said:

They are now 0-8...The coaches will not do any changes to the offence. "RUN LEFT, RUN RIGHT, RUN MIDDLE, PUNT....

At least they aren't running backwards. I guess that's a positive. They don't have a bad team. Even though they are 0-8 they are still one of the 3 best teams SP has played this season. The league you boys play in is not very forgiving. 

19 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

At least they aren't running backwards. I guess that's a positive. They don't have a bad team. Even though they are 0-8 they are still one of the 3 best teams SP has played this season. The league you boys play in is not very forgiving. 

u just had to do it

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

What makes this even sadder is LA has invested in facility upgrades and even has an indoor practice field. Should have used this money to attract kids and apply it towards Financial Aid. Not sure if it works that way or not but I do know it is a waste of time and resources to focus on facilities if you don't have the kids. Guess they can go 1-9 in style.

10 hours ago, CFAfan said:

What makes this even sadder is LA has invested in facility upgrades and even has an indoor practice field. Should have used this money to attract kids and apply it towards Financial Aid. Not sure if it works that way or not but I do know it is a waste of time and resources to focus on facilities if you don't have the kids. Guess they can go 1-9 in style.

Build it, they will come. 

That seems to be our philosophy anyway!?!

Edited by BoydBucFan