MTCS at MJCA

GoldTrident

19 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

I had thought MJCA could be a sleeper this year and possibly one of the elite teams but that loss to TKA changed my mind. They are in that second tier group of teams in DII-A along with MTCS, TKA, DCA. None of these teams are a State Championship threat.

Who do you put in contention?  Looks like FCS may be the forerunner.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:53 PM, CFAfan said:

I had thought MJCA could be a sleeper this year and possibly one of the elite teams but that loss to TKA changed my mind. They are in that second tier group of teams in DII-A along with MTCS, TKA, DCA. None of these teams are a State Championship threat.

Disagree here. I think if the usual suspects play their best game they can beat anyone in the division. There is no dominant team this year. 

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Disagree here. I think if the usual suspects play their best game they can beat anyone in the division. There is no dominant team this year. 

DA, NCS & FCS are your dominant teams. DCA, MJCA, TKA would have to play perfect and those 3 teams would have to have an off night to lose. 

5 hours ago, CFAfan said:

DA, NCS & FCS are your dominant teams. DCA, MJCA, TKA would have to play perfect and those 3 teams would have to have an off night to lose. 

DCA wouldn't. They'd have to not turn it over twice inside their own 10 yard line, get healthy, catch td passes, and make tackles. You are way off base on this one. 

2 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

DCA wouldn't. They'd have to not turn it over twice inside their own 10 yard line, get healthy, catch td passes, and make tackles. You are way off base on this one. 

Maybe but I don't see any scenario DCA beats DA, FCS or NCS unless crazy stuff happens. FCS lost 3 first half fumbles and still won going away. What I think is your loyalty to DCA maybe has you leaning too favorably to them. I don't mean that ugly either so no need for a bunch of ugly back and forth. Most everyone has their teams and it does affect their ability to be objective at times. DCA struggled containing Foutch and they would do the same vs DA and NCS backs who are both very dynamic. Sprinkle in the DA passing attack and DCA would be in a ton of trouble against them just like last year when they got ran on their home field. DCA has a loss to FRA as well. DA beat them by 3 scores while NCS beat them as well. Both of those were at FRA too. I think DCA is gonna have to play very well to beat MJCA and that game appears to be a toss up right now. I'm not saying they are a bad team but they are not an elite team in this division.  

5 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

Maybe but I don't see any scenario DCA beats DA, FCS or NCS unless crazy stuff happens. FCS lost 3 first half fumbles and still won going away. What I think is your loyalty to DCA maybe has you leaning too favorably to them. I don't mean that ugly either so no need for a bunch of ugly back and forth. Most everyone has their teams and it does affect their ability to be objective at times. DCA struggled containing Foutch and they would do the same vs DA and NCS backs who are both very dynamic. Sprinkle in the DA passing attack and DCA would be in a ton of trouble against them just like last year when they got ran on their home field. DCA has a loss to FRA as well. DA beat them by 3 scores while NCS beat them as well. Both of those were at FRA too. I think DCA is gonna have to play very well to beat MJCA and that game appears to be a toss up right now. I'm not saying they are a bad team but they are not an elite team in this division.  

We can disagree then. DCAs QB is the best combination of running/passing in the division and their WRs were open all night aginst FCS. Winning going away is not at all what that game was. Folks on here from FCS have said that too. 

Ran on their home field?  Lol Come on man don't talk it. It's a good discussion. 

• Like 1