Page at Summitt

wingman10

This is for the Region championship and no one is talking. Oh, I get it, everyone is out fishing for the Big Bluefin Tunas; the outer banks season just ended Sunday night and the Little Shell (smallest boat in the fleet) won the top dollar boat for this season. Enough of fish talk, Summit is in control of the home crowd and Page people will be looking for a place to sit but when the whistle blows for kickoff it will be up to the players to do all the talking with their pads. Most people feel like Summit will win this one by 2 touchdowns but the Big Tuna thinks this game could be a close one.

I remember a coach telling me a long time ago; dad gumit son you ain't hurt, rub a little grass on it you'll be alright! Well i don't know if kids are as tough nowadays as they were back in the sixties but I do know that football has come a long way with all the technology the coaches have available and that football has become a year round sport for a lot of kids. We use to get our weight lifting in by stacking hay bales all summer long etc our coaches didn't see us until it was time to report for fall practice; now days the kids get 2 weeks away from the high school coaches during the middle of summer and that is it, the coaches and kids are working year round to become a better football player. I said all of that to say this, the kids and coaches for both teams have worked really hard to have an opportunity to play for a Region Championship and the winner of this game is in the driver's seat so let's go out tomorrow night and support your team and win or lose just support the kids and thank the coaches for their hard work.

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy! WT