Lewis vs Forest

ddaddy

31 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Rockets got bad penalties each time they had it inside the 5. Once on 4th down.

Rockets O line has honestly been a disappointment this year. They haven't dominated a single game (Summertown doesn't count they are practically a JV team), and have gotten smashed in big moments. 

I have to say from the Forrest 20 to the LC 10, they pushed us around up front pretty good. When the field shortened, the LC line seemed to strengthen and, like you said, Forrest hurt themselves with penalties. LC came up with a big sack on 4th on one end, inside the 10, and an interception on 3rd inside the 5 on the other.

Forrest offense has been a nightmare in the red zone. They get too cute and stop pounding. 

The penalties dont help because it puts them in 3rd and goal from the 6 or 9 type situations. 

As far as the pass game plan, they threw it all over the field and completed quite a few, to LC guys. Keep the passing game quick and short. Neither QB has a range longer than 10 yards and those plays take too long to develop anyway.

The O Line doesnt really have the footwork to pass block, so you have plays where the QB rolls out and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, for the not so speedy WR to get downfield,  then he hurls up a dead turkey and as it plummets to the ground, wings, feathers and all, about 19 guys from the other team are waiting under it.   

Forrest has a "scissor" handoff play that they have gone away from this year.  It seems to be a key to the Wing T- that is- camouflage where the ball is on handoff.

I don't see them being as good  at that, hiding the ball, as even the Forrest teams of the last 2-3 years at this, or LC Friday (where #9 faked the handoff to 5-6 kids per play, no exaggeration), much less Marion and how they ran the Wing T the last 2-3 years.   

On 9/30/2017 at 0:52 AM, ddaddy said:

You are an idiot my friend. LC enrollment is 460 as we speak and most every school on the schedule has more students. Why should the play AAA? Because they have averaged 8 wins per year over the last 30 years? 

It's because LC hasn't played anybody over the past 20 years! Go back and figure up the average wins of LC opponents over that time span! LC always gets beat by the second round of the playoffs. Usually the first round. That tells you all you need to know.

1 hour ago, pizzpatriot said:

It's because LC hasn't played anybody over the past 20 years! Go back and figure up the average wins of LC opponents over that time span! LC always gets beat by the second round of the playoffs. Usually the first round. That tells you all you need to know.

Maybe LC should ask the T$$AA to bump them up a classification or two to appease you? Its not like the school administrators are standing at the door the first day of school and locking the doors when they approach the threshold between 2A and 3A enrollment numbers. They play the district/regional schedule they are required to play per T$$AA. 

6 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Wow! Somebody from Lewis County must have insulted you in the past.  When your team makes it to the playoffs 26 years in a row, then spout off.   Until then, stick to the facts.  Kids from all teams deserve respect, win or loose.  This thread was about LC and Forrest.  Both teams played their buts off.  

I am sorry that pizzaboy is offended by LC success. It is my wish that your team can also achieve success that last through the decades. I hope that your feelings of spite and bitterness is not influenced by your  team being regularly feeling defeat at the hands of the Panthers. I am also very sorry for the 27 playoff victories that LC has had. I implore you pizzaboy to rid yourself of this hatred and jealousy of a quality program and who knows maybe karma will then be on your side and your team can also become winner.

:):):) Have a nice day!!

LC was a decent team with a great player- Webb. Without him I wonder what their results would be. 

It's the same with a lot of schools at this level. One great kid can come close to producing an undefeated season. I think Columbia Academy is a better team overall, but Webb will be the best player on the field on that game too.