Central at Whitehaven

kwc

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Defense great as usual, but what's up with so many flat offensive performances thus far.

The offense is still a work in progress. However, the starting QB was being disciplined,  and didn't get into the game until late in the 2nd quarter.

That being stated, I'd like to see more consistency. I don't think we are really utilizing all of our weaponry effectively. 

Edited by kwc

The sopH got the nod. He didn do bad just the timing was off and was to be expected...central actually has a good defense as well. They front can compete with anybody. They didn give either QB alot of time to work with. OC keep it very simple especially for the soph so the stats won't jump out at you except for keyshawn Aka "bronco" #33...he was the horse.

1 hour ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Who started? Did #1 get any play at QB or was it the young 10th grade boy?

When I got there it was the 10th grader. I don't think VJ got in the game until late in the 2nd. VJ played most of the 3rd. They sent the sophomore I'm on occasion in the third as well. Late in the 4th, they put the 3rd string Sr in the game, for the last 4 - 5 minutes or so. All three played. The sophomore getting the most time, VJ, then #14. 

All in all, it was a good outing. The 'D' got another doughnut. We developed and had QBS to get in the game with live bullets. That does nothing but build depth that is developing confidence. Other seniors got involved as well. I saw we played four different RBS last night. Witherspoon got his, but #33 had some significant carries. #23, Jordan Hill, saw some action and looked good. Then, #11, Cameron Sneed got quite a few carries.

No, we didn't put 50 on the board. However, we got a chance to get a lot of guys in ... and not just skilled players I saw a lot of O-lineman.see action. It takes time and dedication to build depth. It doesn't happen overnight. I'm good sacrificing point for depth development. It's a long season, when adding in the post season.

On another note. When I spoke we coach Harmon after the game, he tolde something that got me excited. He said that this year's Havenview team will be, once again, playing for the city championship on Thursday. That's great to hear, because those guys are future Whitehaven Tigers, but that's not what he was so excited about. Guess who is an assistant coach at Havenview helping him coach RBs?

Mark Dodson.

Edited by kwc

Dude that havenview vs white station middle game was one fur the ages. The game was over in regulation but had to play the refs in OT!!! I won't even get into that because it goes far beyond football!!! But yea due to injury mark's football career is over, and now he's gettin his feet wet in coaching. He been doin a good job calling plays the past couple games.  The second coming of mark Dotson is his cousin at sherwood middle. That youngster is special. The view willhave its hands full against them in the ship!!!!

8 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

Dude that havenview vs white station middle game was one fur the ages. The game was over in regulation but had to play the refs in OT!!! I won't even get into that because it goes far beyond football!!! But yea due to injury mark's football career is over, and now he's gettin his feet wet in coaching. He been doin a good job calling plays the past couple games.  The second coming of mark Dotson is his cousin at sherwood middle. That youngster is special. The view willhave its hands full against them in the ship!!!!

Yeah, Coach Harmon mentioned the shenanigans that was going on with the officiating. He said it was crazy and the refs gave the other team the ball on the 1 or 2 yardline with no time left on the clock and some other crap. He said that it was good for the young men to face that kind of adversity and still prevail. I agree wholeheartedly, on the prevailing part, that is.

You telling me that Mark is calling plays? Is he the OC?

Edited by kwc