Webb (Spartans) at CAK (Warriors)

Spartan4Life

Watched this game in person. CAK has some good looking kids. The Quarterback is a ball player. Looking at CAK I didn't feel like in pre-game warm ups they looked as bad as the scored ended up being. I'm not sure what to make of it but Webb finally got the passing game going. Hunter Green went 8-11 with 2 TD's. Jahlil Jefferson scored 3 times and Webb took a 42-7 halftime lead. Second half CAK put together a really nice drive which ended in points. 49-14 was the final. 

I almost like CAK to get the last spot over Boyd if they can stop Boyd on offense. I think CAK can score but can they stop Boyd? Should be interesting. Kohl Henke may be the difference. I actually asked two Webb players who they thought would win, one said CAK and one said Boyd. Haha. One said CAK has potential to be really good offensively and the other one said #1 from Boyd is a beast. Should be a good game next Friday!

Edited by Spartan4Life

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

Watched this game in person. CAK has some good looking kids. The Quarterback is a ball player. Looking at CAK I didn't feel like in pre-game warm ups they looked as bad as the scored ended up being. I'm not sure what to make of it but Webb finally got the passing game going. Hunter Green went 8-11 with 2 TD's. Jahlil Jefferson scored 3 times and Webb took a 42-7 halftime lead. Second half CAK put together a really nice drive which ended in points. 49-14 was the final. 

I almost like CAK to get the last spot over Boyd if they can stop Boyd on offense. I think CAK can score but can they stop Boyd? Should be interesting. Kohl Henke may be the difference. I actually asked two Webb players who they thought would win, one said CAK and one said Boyd. Haha. One said CAK has potential to be really good offensively and the other one said #1 from Boyd is a beast. Should be a good game next Friday!

#16 for CAK is a difference-maker, but he ended our game having to play QB, instead of his dangerous slot WR spot. If they have their QB back, and 16 is at WR, Boyd's #1 won't stop him anymore than he stopped our slot guy. I'll take CAK in that scenario.

If #16 has to play QB, it is a toss-up. Don't get me wrong.....#1 is a VERY GOOD player! He just can't cover the whole field, and CAK will make him do that. The other unknown on my part is how many of the BB guys are healed up. I seem to remember a bunch not dressed on the sideline for our game. Hopefully they are healthy by now.

17 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

#16 for CAK is a difference-maker, but he ended our game having to play QB, instead of his dangerous slot WR spot. If they have their QB back, and 16 is at WR, Boyd's #1 won't stop him anymore than he stopped our slot guy. I'll take CAK in that scenario.

If #16 has to play QB, it is a toss-up. Don't get me wrong.....#1 is a VERY GOOD player! He just can't cover the whole field, and CAK will make him do that. The other unknown on my part is how many of the BB guys are healed up. I seem to remember a bunch not dressed on the sideline for our game. Hopefully they are healthy by now.

Yes #16 played quarterback and he was very good. But I could tell he was a better football player than quarterback. I think he plays defensive end as well? 

11 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Yes #16 played quarterback and he was very good. But I could tell he was a better football player than quarterback. I think he plays defensive end as well? 

He plays wherever his team needs him. If I remember right, he played sort of an OLB/S position against depending on how we lined up, but that might change with a run oriented team like yours. I've gotta give him a LOT of credit. Not many kids would readily sacrifice for their team like that. He stepped up bigtime when Shuler left them this summer for NC. That sudden departure completely changed the prospects for CAK's success this year. Shuler was a really good 2-way player, would've solidified the qb spot, allowing the other athletes to stay where they could best contribute and have more options to defend. It also hurt their defense in the same way.