Class 1A AP Poll 10-23

TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I see that as well. I think it's not really a fair comparison. For instance.. SP has played Goodpasture and Lipscomb. They have 2 combined wins. However, if they were in a 1A region they would have won a lot more games. Marion County is another one. They have only won 4 games and will finish 5-5, but look who they have played. Case in point. This week SP plays Lookout Valley. They are 5-4 on the season, but if 1-8 Lipscomb, 1-8 Goodpasture, or 4-5 Marion played them they would all beat them by 40 plus points. 

Off topic, but what has happen to Davis Lipscomb and Goodpasture?

37 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Funny thing is we get to see the second time around. Coaches from Whitwell feel like they didn't play well on both sides. SP should be favored in the rematch. SP staff has the edge over Whitwell. Should be a fun one again.

I'm hearing Whitwell thought they should have won by 21 and will this time since the QB is back. 

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Funny thing is we get to see the second time around. Coaches from Whitwell feel like they didn't play well on both sides. SP should be favored in the rematch. SP staff has the edge over Whitwell. Should be a fun one again.

Please elaborate a little on the 2nd sentence.  Cause I have heard other info

4 hours ago, Dallas7 said:

South Pittsburg strength of schedule is probably the reason they are lower than Whitwell. South Pittsburg opponents have a combined 29 wins to 72 losses. With only sequatchie county with 6 wins and Whitwell with 8 wins being the teams that have a about. 500 record.

After we best them again they may be ranked higher than Brentwood. What a joke

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don't know. They feel really confident that they didn't play well and having the QB back for the rematch should give them the victory. That's the word in Whitwell anyway. I'm still going with the Pirates in a rematch. 

They just better hope they don't blow it before they come back to Beene Stadium