Columbia v Beech

tandem

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia moved the ball and gave up 3 scores from special teams ... beech is a solid team , but not drinking that kool-aide that they will run the table in 5A . Columbia was playing with numerous players hurt on defense .... from what I saw tonight the door to 5A is open ... kudos to Beech being a good football team but not the truth , I think if Summitt had Tai Carter back Summitt could give Beech quite the game... don’t sleep on Hillsboro !!

Edited by NattyBumppo

10 minutes ago, NattyBumppo said:

Columbia moved the ball and gave up 3 scores from special teams ... beech is a solid team , but not drinking that kool-aide that they will run the table in 5A . Columbia was playing with numerous players hurt on defense .... from what I saw tonight the door to 5A is open ... kudos to Beech being a good football team but not the truth , I think if Summitt had Tai Carter back Summitt could give Beech quite the game... don’t sleep on Hillsboro !!

We must have watched a different game if you think it was ever close. Not sleeping on Hillsboro for sure, but if Beech would have kept the throttle down they win by 40+ tonight. I believe if they had wanted to they would have scored 60, but is there really a point in trying to do that. We'll just say you saw a little experimenting tonight. Summit will be the only team to advance from Region 5 and I believe they will be out in the second round. 

3 hours ago, eers said:

We must have watched a different game if you think it was ever close. Not sleeping on Hillsboro for sure, but if Beech would have kept the throttle down they win by 40+ tonight. I believe if they had wanted to they would have scored 60, but is there really a point in trying to do that. We'll just say you saw a little experimenting tonight. Summit will be the only team to advance from Region 5 and I believe they will be out in the second round. 

I really hope your right about that.  Columbia, especially the defensive backs looked very suspect.  Slow and bad reaction time.  Gave up on the play in a few cases.  Not what I expected at all.  

5 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I really hope your right about that.  Columbia, especially the defensive backs looked very suspect.  Slow and bad reaction time.  Gave up on the play in a few cases.  Not what I expected at all.  

Hats off to Columbia. I was very impressed with their offense, particularly their qb.  Don’t know how many of those kids will be back next year, if a good number of the kids on offense are back they will be Really good. Agree totally that their lack of speed on D hurt them a lot.  I can Promise you NOBODY is sleeping on Hillsboro. (Or Gallatin, Summitt, Henry Co, etc.) Everybody knows they are one of the most dangerous teams in the state. I was glad that the Bucs tried to spread it around a little more on offense. Hopefully that will help them down the line. 

Edited by tandem