DII A playoff pick em

BoomerBoy

1 minute ago, CFAfan said:

I don't think they are at all physical like NCS & FCS but they have won each of their last games against those teams. Both on the road as well. The DA offense is pretty special for DIIA football and will be hard to defend by anyone in the playoffs. That's my point. DA does not tackle well but it appears their bend but don't break philosophy of defense works. I'm sure they are thinking the O can do whatever is needed. Will that catch up with them? Possibly. I am looking forward to the NCS/FCS matchup as well as that winner vs DA if that's what happens. Should be some fun games to watch once this week is over. 

Thank you for the clarity, I do enjoy being able to have occasional intelligent conversations on here..... Soooo it is safe to say that there are really only 3 teams capable of winning this division?

1 minute ago, BoomerBoy said:

Thank you for the clarity, I do enjoy being able to have occasional intelligent conversations on here..... Soooo it is safe to say that there are really only 3 teams capable of winning this division?

I think we know who the top 3 teams are and I think most people have FC and DA as the top 2.  If NCS makes it to the ship, I am telling You, DA doesn't want to see that smash mouth attack again. Go back and look at the NCS rushing attack against the top 4 teams Kim their schedule, we get better in the second half. I have to believe( and hope) Brothers sees this and pounds DA.  That's a big if. We have to take it 1 game at a time

Playoffs start this week. Some decent match-ups on tap. 

FCS vs MTCS - FCS rolls here. A mere tuneup for their showdown next week.

NCS vs TKA - This is the most compelling match-up of the week. TKA has a moderately successful passing game and their RB is back and healthy. TKA has also been good against the run and their line is physical. That being said, they have not faced a back of Myers caliber thus far. I say NCS wins in a game that will be closer than many think.

DA vs MJCA - DA is the pick here. Hylick will have some success but I just don't see MJCA slowing the DA offense enough to stay in this one till the end. DA pulls away in 2nd half to win by 2-3 scores.

DCA vs Fayette Academy - DCA by 14.

10 hours ago, CFAfan said:

NCS vs TKA - This is the most compelling match-up of the week. TKA has a moderately successful passing game and their RB is back and healthy. TKA has also been good against the run and their line is physical. That being said, they have not faced a back of Myers caliber thus far. I say NCS wins in a game that will be closer than many think.

DA vs MJCA - DA is the pick here. Hylick will have some success but I just don't see MJCA slowing the DA offense enough to stay in this one till the end. DA pulls away in 2nd half to win by 2-3 scores.

Agreed.

TKA played a very phsical game against FC.  Both LBs are players.  Lusby was all over the field.  Look for him to get more carries in this NCS game.  He is a punishing runner.  I was impressed with the defensive play of #77 for TKA.  He has great feet and his pursuit to the ball was strong.  I look for TKA to give NCS a game.  The TKA RB did not play in the FC game.  His film play is impressive.

While I agree that Hylick will get his yards, the MJCA defense will struggle to slow down the DA offense.  

Going to be some great football from here on out.  Congrats to all the players that have worked so hard to get here!  May they play with a full heart and enjoy injury free games.

Edited by GoldTrident
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GoldTrident said:

Agreed.

TKA played a very phsical game against FC.  Both LBs are players.  Lusby was all over the field.  Look for him to get more carries in this NCS game.  He is a punishing runner.  I was impressed with the defensive play of #77 for TKA.  He has great feet and his pursuit to the ball was strong.  I look for TKA to give NCS a game.  The TKA RB did not play in the FC game.  His film play is impressive.

While I agree that Hylick will get his yards, the MJCA defense will struggle to slow down the DA offense.  

Going to be some great football from here on out.  Congrats to all the players that have worked so hard to get here!  May they play with a full heart and enjoy injury free games.

Watching TKA Hudl, they look really impressive. I think this will be a good ball game. I think it will be a close one.  I think it will be a war actually. Kings looks to be very physical so I agree 100% in your assessment. I would love to see the game vs. MTCS. I am going to look and see if I can find on line. 

I think MICA and DA will also be much closer than people think IF Hylick is the back he is advertised to be. I don' think DA is that good on D.

Should be a great Friday night this week. 

14 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

Watching TKA Hudl, they look really impressive. I think this will be a good ball game. I think it will be a close one.  I think it will be a war actually. Kings looks to be very physical so I agree 100% in your assessment. I would love to see the game vs. MTCS. I am going to look and see if I can find on line. 

I think MICA and DA will also be much closer than people think IF Hylick is the back he is advertised to be. I don' think DA is that good on D.

Should be a great Friday night this week. 

I agree on DA's D. They don't tackle well at all. Definitely a bend but don't break approach. If MJCA can contain the DA O, they have a chance to keep this close. I just don't think they will be able to do that. Hoping FCS and NCS both take care of business this week to ensure that match-up next week. Definitely the 2nd best match-up we will see these playoffs behind the state championship game.

22 hours ago, CFAfan said:

DCA vs Fayette will be close IMO. Maybe even a pick em game if DCA looks ahead.