Spring Hill @ Marshall County part 2

Lead

1 hour ago, Marshall1969 said:

I think it's going to be a battle again. The loss of the 3 players are going to hurt SH especially on D.

MC 35

SH 21

The loss of those players may have actually helped. Spring Hill's QB is not a passer. I feel SH tried to force the pass game because they had these WR's on the outside. Now that they are gone, they will stay committed to the power run game. If Spring Hill is allowed to hold like they did last night, they can move the ball at will. 

• Like 1

They will have to be. That is where the game will be won or lost. Macon's front 7 was not able to prevent it from happening. Wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but it certainly would have been more interesting. They also handed the ball to #10 a couple of times. I look for their game plan to be similar. Feed #2, limit #8's passes, and control the clock.

4 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:

They will have to be. That is where the game will be won or lost. Macon's front 7 was not able to prevent it from happening. Wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but it certainly would have been more interesting. They also handed the ball to #10 a couple of times. I look for their game plan to be similar. Feed #2, limit #8's passes, and control the clock.

They just better hope they can contain Liggett.  They haven't been able to do that in the last 3 meetings.

I would say Marshall has the weapons on the outside that they can't sell out against the run like they did Macon. Macon has some nice players at WR, but SH locked up man all night and shut them down. They won't be able to do that against Marshall. I still think if they will give #2 enough carries, the game could be close.

11 hours ago, Footballguru05 said:

The loss of those players may have actually helped. Spring Hill's QB is not a passer. I feel SH tried to force the pass game because they had these WR's on the outside. Now that they are gone, they will stay committed to the power run game. If Spring Hill is allowed to hold like they did last night, they can move the ball at will. 

Sadly I agree.  Sometimes for the body to heal the cancer has to be cut out.  Hopefully that is what Coach Emmons has done.  I have even more respect for Smith for being that constant for this team with all this crap going on.  Can we beat Marshall?  I don't think so but we will put up a fight!!

2 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

That Liggett kid is about all they’ve got. If they can stop him they have a good chance. That goes for everybody else as well. I see him playing in a major program in college.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on Liggett being all that Marshall County has. I don' know what offers Liggett has but wherever he chooses to play at the college level they will be getting a very good player. I have watched him since he was in pee wee. He has been a consistently tough runner. His style has changed over the last couple of years though. Used to be that he didn't want to try and put a move on a defender, he wanted to run through them. If you were going to tackle him you were going to pay for it! He has learned the more agile aspect of running the ball as of late but that doesn' mean he won't lay the wood either.