Blackman

Pumpkin007

6 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Crawford going for it? 

I ask as Rankin kept him from getting it when it opened.  Rankin did not want to face a team Coached by him.  Results he went to Brentwood and faced and BEAT him in a state Championship.  LOL

I believe if Rankin's son wasn't a sophomore at Alcoa, he'd be putting in for this job.

Just now, FreeAgent11 said:

I believe if Rankin's son wasn't a sophomore at Alcoa, he'd be putting in for this job.

I do not think he would.  The only thing that would get him this way is a Private school gig so he could draw a salary AND his state retirement. 

Going for another state or a private was why he left here (R'dale) to begin with.  He thought he had the Valdosta job until a man from here who did NOT like him involved himself there with friends in the hiring process that listened to why they should NOT hire Rankin.  After getting turned down by Valdosta, Hoover and BA in Williamson County did he take the gig at Alcoa after they gave him HC and the spot (Vice Principal I heard) so he did not have to teach anymore.

This is the same time of year he always makes noises about leaving places so he can either get a pay boost or a BIG under the table 'gift' from the big money boosters.

Some of us have LONG memories.

1 minute ago, Lost Old Dad said:

I do not think he would.  The only thing that would get him this way is a Private school gig so he could draw a salary AND his state retirement. 

Going for another state or a private was why he left here (R'dale) to begin with.  He thought he had the Valdosta job until a man from here who did NOT like him involved himself there with friends in the hiring process that listened to why they should NOT hire Rankin.  After getting turned down by Valdosta, Hoover and BA in Williamson County did he take the gig at Alcoa after they gave him HC and the spot (Vice Principal I heard) so he did not have to teach anymore.

This is the same time of year he always makes noises about leaving places so he can either get a pay boost or a BIG under the table 'gift' from the big money boosters.

Some of us have LONG memories.

I talked to him and his wife Friday night in Cookeville.    Although they never said as much,  I think she'd love to get back over here with her family.  

1 minute ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I wouldn't bet on it partner.   Time will tell.  (I'm sure there would be substantial money if he were to head back)

Reasons why he will not.

1.  No open zones in Rutherford County

2.  He does not have a 'friend' that will cover his illegal recruiting here anymore.

3.  He does NOT and can't get the staff anymore that he needs to succeed.

4.  NO raise in salary and he would have to teach a class.

5.  He really burned a bunch of bridges here when he left to begin with.

6.  Last but not least, now ALL the schools have weight training for their players PE classes now.  This was his biggest advantage he had before he left.

Now normally I am not against making a small wager, I would never bet about what Rankin would and would not do.  His wife has him 'whipped' after all.  LOL