District 13 AA vs District 14 AA (Region 7 Outlook)

OldSportsGuy

Not looking good so far for District 14. I know it is early but it is early for all the teams.

District 13 is 4-1 vs District 14 teams

Crockett beat Chester

Obion Beat Lexington

South Gibson beat Chester and Adamsville

McNairy has the only win for District 14 over Milan

Schedule this week

Chester vs Crockett

Adamsville vs South Gibson

McNairy vs Milan

Lexington vs Crockett, Obion, and Dyersburg (This will tell us a lot about Lexington- pretender or contender)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, OldSportsGuy said:

Not looking good so far for District 14. I know it is early but it is early for all the teams.

District 13 is 4-1 vs District 14 teams

Crockett beat Chester

Obion Beat Lexington

South Gibson beat Chester and Adamsville

McNairy has the only win for District 14 over Milan

Schedule this week

Chester vs Crockett

Adamsville vs South Gibson

McNairy vs Milan

Lexington vs Crockett, Obion, and Dyersburg (This will tell us a lot about Lexington- pretender or contender)

your right we are real early in the season. But if you notice no one is playing SS. SS is stepping up and playing teams from District 15AA which will only make them better in my opinion. I am afraid that SS will be very hard to beat when it is all said and done. 13AA is pretty good from 1-4(Crockett, Dyersburg, Obion ,and S. Gibson, in no particular order). My question will any of them be able to knock off SS to have a chance to play a Region 8AA team at home for sub state? If you have to travel to Memphis or the surrounding area it decreases your chances of making it to Murfreesboro by 50%....

TNrazrbac10 is right. it is early and SS will more than likely be there come tournament time. I haven't seen them but i am Gonna try to get to their game vs Haywood on the 1st. They did get ran by Fayette Ware by 20 first game of the season.

Region 8 is at another level with Melrose, Mitchell, Egypt, Craigmont, Haywood, Ripley, Fayette Ware, Hamilton, Sheffield, Trezevant and others.  I would say they send 2 teams to the Boro

11 minutes ago, OldSportsGuy said:

TNrazrbac10 is right. it is early and SS will more than likely be there come tournament time. I haven't seen them but i am Gonna try to get to their game vs Haywood on the 1st. They did get ran by Fayette Ware by 20 first game of the season.

Region 8 is at another level with Melrose, Mitchell, Egypt, Craigmont, Haywood, Ripley, Fayette Ware, Hamilton, Sheffield, Trezevant and others.  I would say they send 2 teams to the Boro

I say the only way you can possible have a chance to beat Region 8 is to play them at your house and that gives you maybe a 40% chance of winning. I seen where Obion plays in same Christmas tourney as Egypt in Arkansas, they maybe interesting....

1 hour ago, Tnrazrbac10 said:

I say the only way you can possible have a chance to beat Region 8 is to play them at your house and that gives you maybe a 40% chance of winning. I seen where Obion plays in same Christmas tourney as Egypt in Arkansas, they maybe interesting....

I tend to agree. At the high school level talent wins 90% of the time. Foul trouble, injury, home court will play a role. I watched Obion vs Lexington and and they actually play a lot like most of the Memphis teams. press, run, shoot and attack. Not very long but a tough match up for teams with bigs. They seem to let you do whatever you want to do on offense so they can get the ball back and go with it.

Obion played Lexington that way, but do you think they would play anybody from Region 8 or Southside that way? I don’t think so, I think they matched up with Lexington so they felt they could do whatever they wanted too. If you run with Fayette Ware you will lose, I saw Southside trying to run with them and they ran them off they own court. You can’t run and press everybody. 

9 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

Obion played Lexington that way, but do you think they would play anybody from Region 8 or Southside that way? I don’t think so, I think they matched up with Lexington so they felt they could do whatever they wanted too. If you run with Fayette Ware you will lose, I saw Southside trying to run with them and they ran them off they own court. You can’t run and press everybody. 

I watched the Obion vs Lexington game and Obion has no size at all. They are a tough match up if you have size. I'm not so sure they will be able to play any other way. I could tell that is all they practice. With High School kids it is hard to play different styles once a team plays fast like that it is hard to slow them down. They have a great Coach so he may be able to pull them back. They win 13 AA.

10 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

The one thing Obion may have better than a lot of region 8 teams is being able to shoot the 3. All the guards shot the 3 pretty good. They remind my a little of Dyersburg last year.  I don't know if that would be enough to win. 3s are a game changer in Basketball now. I think their pressure probably isn't enough to stop SS or Region 8, but the 3 may keep them in the game. Once again it is early and everyone will get better by FEB. I agree with UK it will be fun to watch..

Call me crazy but I think Obion takes 13-AA this year. Obviously they still have to beat Dyersburg and Crockett County, but everything is aligning for them. In this area if you can shoot, while also pressing you can win lots of ball games. Now whether that works against Mitchell or Raleigh-Egypt in a substate matchup is a story for another day......

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Call me crazy but I think Obion takes 13-AA this year. Obviously they still have to beat Dyersburg and Crockett County, but everything is aligning for them. In this area if you can shoot, while also pressing you can win lots of ball games. Now whether that works against Mitchell or Raleigh-Egypt in a substate matchup is a story for another day......

Dyersburg matches up good with Obion,  and S. Gibson and Crockett have the bigs inside. To me any of those 4 could win 13AA. It will come down to consistence. The one thing that helps Obion is that they host District touney this year. That may help them with the seeding in the regional....

Edited by Tnrazrbac10
missed comma