District 3A

CAH09

New district here. Combo of previous 3 & 4A. Looks pretty wide open with GCA and Meigs gone.

Teams: Harriman, Midway, Rockwood, Oneida, Coalfield, Sunbright, Wartburg, Oakdale and Oliver Springs.

Harriman lost a ton, Coalfield probably has strongest roster, but gets a late start practice-wise, plus a new coach. OD is pretty well rounded. Wb has been sluggish early on.

Matchups start tonight:

Harriman v. Oakdale, Coalfield v. WB, SB v. MW and Rockwood v. OS

Who wins tonight?

Who wins it come February?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sunny1 said:

Sunbright  failed the first test , didn't start playing Harriman  until second half. Oakdale is looking very, very  good right now!

Saw that, SB lost pretty big to harriman. OD looks like the team to beat with Mckinney is out for CF. They throttled WB pretty good last night. Seeing Wb just once, I thought they were OK, at best. Might get better as the year goes on.  Saw CF twice...they were not very good, to say the least, in their first & 2nd games (WB & Clay). Looked like they beat MW badly last night...not sure if MW is bad or what...but the score looked it. 

Tonight:

Oneida v Harriman Battle of the middle teams?

OS v Midway  Each teams best chance for a district win this year

CF v Oakdale CF struggling early without the district's best player.  OD playing pretty well

WB v Rockwood WB should take this one

Edited by CAH09

I think Hicks from Oakdale is playing on whole new level right now. I don't think u can hand mckinney the player of the year plaque without him playing a single game yet. 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:45 AM, CAH09 said:

Tonight:

Oneida v Harriman Battle of the middle teams?

OS v Midway  Each teams best chance for a district win this year

CF v Oakdale CF struggling early without the district's best player.  OD playing pretty well

WB v Rockwood WB should take this one

I think Hicks from Oakdale is playing on whole new level right now. I don't think u can hand mckinney the player of the year plaque without him playing a single game yet.  

13 hours ago, Vols2016 said:

That's very true, Hicks is playing very well and OD is currently the top team as well. With Mckinney missing a good chunk of games, Hicks may well win it this year. Mckinney won it last year and when healthy, is the best player in the district and likely region as well. But I could definitely see Hicks winning it... and it certainly would be deserved to this point. 

• 3 weeks later...

Back in action tonight. OD vs. OS will be ugly. CF vs RW could go either way with the way CF is playing right now, as could Oneida vs. SB

Through December, Oakdale is far and away #1, Harriman #2....coin toss after that...RW, WB, Oneida, CF and SB. WB has been hit or miss. RW and Oneida are OK. both a lot better than last year.  CF has been pretty weak without Mckinney...shooting twenty+ 3s a game ( at a low %) and not playing much defense. They have a good roster, but haven't played like it thus far. SB looked clearly improved to me, but doesn't have any depth.