District 10A Tournament

The Consultant

3 hours ago, karl98 said:

Excuses is what I am hearing why they don't want to compete with schools that operate the way they do. I'm sure Columbia Academy fundraised and sold a few candy bars for that new stadium. And who is on that school payroll? Parents of athletes to help off set tuition? You mentioned other bills? Paying for work study does that fall under other bills? Please give me more details on other bills. What bills need to be paid on the athletic side? This is getting good.

Work study no longer allowed. Bills... hmmm I guess the power and water bill is free each month. No it cost money to have electric and water so they have to be paid also. There are expenses such as loans for new buildings and "stadiums" that have to be paid. Expenses such as field maintenance, building maintenance, overall campus maintenance etc... I guess everyone thinks none of this stuff cost money. Oh wait... I guess teachers teach for free and coaches coach for free. There is teacher and coaches salaries. Maintenance, office, and other employees on the payroll also. CA funds themselves. Things are not free for CA as most people think. Tax payer money funds public schools. CA does all this with tutution money, fundraisers and I'm sure there are donations. But don't think that things aren't donated to the poor public schools because they are. 

FYI - Don't waste your time selling candy bars as a fundraiser. Go big think outside the box. Go with fundraisers that produce results. And most good programs have several different fundraisers a year. Like 5 or 6. I know 1 fundraiser is too much work for most coaches and parents but yet when those poor public schools are wearing the same crappy uniform for 10 straight seasons and their facilities are below par no one is to blame but the people who don't or won't put in the effort. Go up to SHHS Baseball and see what fundraising has got them in the last 10 years or so. Go check out Columbia Baseball and see what they have got with fundraising in about the same amount of years. Both programs have some of the best fields in the state, indoor facilities, etc... They earned it. These small schools got to get out and earn it and stop feeling sorry for themselves. CA fundraises. They also earn it. 

Edited by The Consultant

2 hours ago, maurycountyhoops said:

Congratulations the guy is still employed, but why was he removed from coaching? Because of recruiting maybe? Maury County Schools meet with CA, confront them and the guy is suddenly removed as coach. Answer this, wouldn't you say that timing was pretty incredible or an admission of guilt? If there wasn't any recruiting happening why was he relieved of his coaching duties right after the accusations from the public schools?

I'm not going to speak on why a coach was removed but it wasn't for recruiting. Parents move their kids where there are better opportunities and everyone screams "they were recruited". It's like a soap box... recruiting, recruiting, recruitting... 

4 hours ago, maurycountyhoops said:

Excuses? Why doesn't CA join schools like themselves? Why are they so hellbent on staying Division I?  It's not like there are 20 or 30 private schools staying Division I, instead it's less than 5, in the entire state! 

Why don't the public schools man up and compete instead of crying? Why do the public schools still play Zion? Why, because they think they can beat Zion but that didn't work so well this year. CA is smaller than most public schools. Joining DII makes no sense for CA. CA would lose natural rivalries. Look at the extra travel to play a Region game. Plus most the DII Schools are much larger. That's like Hampshire and Columbia Central playing each other. Makes no sense. 

Again when CA is down and all these schools can beat them there are no complaints. But when CA is winning there is so much crying its ridiculous. What's going to be the excuse this week when most these public schools get knocked out of the region in the first round this weekend? I guess Region play will be boycotted next. I guess it's unfair also. 

6 hours ago, The Consultant said:

CA is smaller than most public schools. Joining DII makes no sense for CA. CA would lose natural rivalries. Look at the extra travel to play a Region game. Plus most the DII Schools are much larger.

Excuses!!! These arguments are reminiscent of the old CPA argument for staying with the publics. Natural rivalries? Are you serious? Extra travel costs? In your own words-go raise some more funds.  DII schools much larger? Here are some enrollment figures for you: CA 271, DCA 209, Friendship 211, NCS 213, Clarksville Academy 240. Ezell 154, FRA 266, JCS 236, Zion 127, Goodpasture 311. Joining DII makes no sense for CA from a competitive standpoint. Outside of that, it makes perfect sense to everyone on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

So you never addressed parents of athletes on the school payroll. Who pays the parents to work the concession stands? Or is it discounted from the tuition? How much money comes from donations to the athletic department? FYI stop trying to educate me on how fundraising works.  You said work study is not allowed but it had been going on for years at CA until Tssaa got involved. You said students leave other schools for better opportunities oh yea that's a no brainer. And since CA is church of Christ that means all the athletes that come in are Church of Christ correct?

4 hours ago, mumbletypeg said:

Excuses!!! These arguments are reminiscent of the old CPA argument for staying with the publics. Natural rivalries? Are you serious? Extra travel costs? In your own words-go raise some more funds.  DII schools much larger? Here are some enrollment figures for you: CA 271, DCA 209, Friendship 211, NCS 213, Clarksville Academy 240. Ezell 154, FRA 266, JCS 236, Zion 127, Goodpasture 311. Joining DII makes no sense for CA from a competitive standpoint. Outside of that, it makes perfect sense to everyone on the outside looking in.

I'm not sure where you get your enrollment #'s but you are completely wrong. CA has 173 students 9 through 12th grade and 577 Kinderdarden through 12th.

Goodpasture 346 9-12

If I need to get the rest for you I will. 

Natural rivalries is within the county! 

13 minutes ago, Football4L said:

All repeat this questioned since it was ignored by The Consultant.

Is it illegal or legal to invite public school 8th graders to the football locker room before the first round of the playoffs and then let them walk the sidelines?

I didn't ignore anything. I know nothing of that and I'm sure that is just another "hear say" so no need to reply. 

2 hours ago, rufus said:

Maybe they stay because they can.  Whiners aren’t the decision maker, but will eventually wear down Tssaa to boot them. Then the whiners will want more classes in basketball so everyone can get a trophy. Looking forward to Class 1/2 A !

No that seems to be the reason the MCPS are kicking CA out in hopes they can get a trophy. Poor guys! 

Edited by The Consultant

4 hours ago, karl98 said:

So you never addressed parents of athletes on the school payroll. Who pays the parents to work the concession stands? Or is it discounted from the tuition? How much money comes from donations to the athletic department? FYI stop trying to educate me on how fundraising works.  You said work study is not allowed but it had been going on for years at CA until Tssaa got involved. You said students leave other schools for better opportunities oh yea that's a no brainer. And since CA is church of Christ that means all the athletes that come in are Church of Christ correct?

So do public school pay the parents who work the concessions? 

I'll just keep educating since you obviously need it. No discounts on tuition.

To retort to the C of C comment which is ridiculous is like asking if every public school kid believes in pray, saying the Pledge Of  Allegiance, and standing for National Anthem. 

Edited by The Consultant