Post season awards

eaglebro

Question.  Have you ever heard of a team winning their district yet only having 2 players make all district teams?  We had the player of the year and another girl on the 2nd team.  If we don't have any outstanding players, you would think it must be coaching yet he didn't win either.  I'm not a big fan of individual awards as I believe it should all be about the team, but if they are going to be given out I thought this was a little strange.

I was surprised the CC coach didn't win 8AAA COY as well. Winning the district with only 2 losses and in his first year, you would think he would have. Granted, there were 5 first year coaches in the district this year I think, Add that to the fact the girls only got 2 and the boys (who finished 2nd) only had 1 would make you think that CC upset some people at some point. It happens every year to somebody, even in the college ranks. I remember Bruce Pearl getting snubbed one year when he clearly deserved it (before the BBQ lol) . It's just the nature of awards season.

Edited by PEARLBALL