Macon Co. vs. McMinn Central

tssaafan

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I will have to disagree with your last comment. If Meigs was in the same district as last year. They would be going to the state tournament next week. That district is way down this year. 

I believe it will be the same 4 teams next year maybe throw in Cumberland County. But Meigs could beat Upperman next year. If you take Levy off that team I would have picked Meigs Saturday night. She is the best player I've seen all year. I just wasn't impressed with the other players. Meigs will play a whole different offense and defense next year. They will play more of a AAU style game. Because that's what they do all summer. Some with Fight some with Fire elite and some with TN Force. But that's a year away and a lot can happen before then.

Upperman is full of talent and has an incredible incoming freshmen class that includes Levy’s little sister.  She is an awesome player as well.  Upperman isn’t going anywhere for the next several years. 

18 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Upperman is full of talent and has an incredible incoming freshmen class that includes Levy’s little sister.  She is an awesome player as well.  Upperman isn’t going anywhere for the next several years. 

Upperman will still be good next year, but not even close to the last 3.  Freshmen aren't even going to be in the same universe as Levy and Hurst.  Losses FAR outweigh what's coming in.  Shrum is the best all around player on next year's team and 2nd aint close. Levy's lil sister is not Akira.  Will be lucky to see meaningful minutes next season.

Edited by tnhoosier

4 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

Upperman will still be good next year, but not even close to the last 3.  Freshmen aren't even going to be in the same universe as Levy and Hurst.  Losses FAR outweigh what's coming in.  Shrum is the best all around player on next year's team and 2nd aint close. Levy's lil sister is not her sister.  Will be lucky to see meaningful minutes next season.

A few freshmen will see meaningful minutes next year just like they have this year.  Reagan Hurst is a freshman and is a great player.  Have you seen Aiyana play?  Have you seen Crouch and Sissom play?  They will get significant minutes.  

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

9 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

A few freshmen will see meaningful minutes next year just like they have this year.  Reagan Hurst is a freshman and is a great player.  Have you seen Aiyana play?  Have you seen Crouch and Sissom play?  They will get significant minutes.  

Seen them play multiple times.  All you mentioned are good for their age, but again, they ain't close to what Akira and Riley are now.  Macon should be team to beat next year, Upperman barring any transfers will be 2-4 in district next season.  Just my opinion though, not trying to disrespect anyone.

8 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

Seen them play multiple times.  All you mentioned are good for their age, but again, they ain't close to what Akira and Riley are now.  Macon should be team to beat next year, Upperman barring any transfers will be 2-4 in district next season.  Just my opinion though, not trying to disrespect anyone.

I agree.  Upperman will fall off next year, but will still compete for the 2 spot in the district.  I think Macon and Cumberland will be the representatives from Region 4 in the substate, barring any upsets.  I look for Upperman to return to the substate in 2020.  If Macon can stay healthy, they may win two championships in a row like Upperman is about to do...

12 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

I can remember the same being said about Akira a few years ago.  They will have a tough year next year considering they won’t have any seniors.  I don’t see them going 2-4 in the district though.  

Who does Macon have, Carter?  She’s a junior.  They lose their big post.  

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

7 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

I can remember the same being said about Akira a few years ago.  They will have a tough year next year considering they won’t have any seniors.  I don’t see them going 2-4 in the district though.  

Macon loses Bullington and that's it.  The rest of them are currently sophomores and freshmen. 

15 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

I think he means 2nd through 4th place.  I think 2nd or 3rd is more likely depending on how the young girls adjust to the HS game. 

Macon has everything back for 2 years with the exception of Bullington who graduates. 

6 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Just like Upperman! 

LOL!  If anyone can honestly get on here and say Upperman will be anything close next year to what they are this year is kidding themselves.  Upperman has some nice players and they will be a strong team, but take Levy and older Hurst off this year's team and you finish in the middle of the pack in this district.

There is no comparing what Upperman's young girls and what Macon's young girls contribute each night.  Macon's team runs through a sophomore and a freshman.  Upperman's team runs through two girls that will not be back next year. 

Edited by Footballguru05

1 minute ago, Footballguru05 said:

I think he means 2nd through 4th place.  I think 2nd or 3rd is more likely depending on how the young girls adjust to the HS game. 

Macon has everything back for 2 years with the exception of Bullington who graduates. 

Bullington will be a big loss for them.  Not as big as losing Levy and Hurst but them losing her will hurt. I still believe Upperman will be just fine next year.  Their big post will be more experienced next year and they have loads of talent coming in.