Macon Co. vs. McMinn Central

tssaafan

Just now, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

A lot of people around this area break AAU rules.  Magic isn’t the only one. 

Wow, glad somebody over there admitted it!  Just out of curiosity, who else does it?

HS coaches should not be able to coach elementary/middle school AAU.  The recruiting potential is a distinct advantage.  Plain & simple, tssaa is either asleep at the wheel or complicit, it's one or the other and nothing else is a feasible possibility.

4 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

Wow, glad somebody over there admitted it!  Just out of curiosity, who else does it?

HS coaches should not be able to coach elementary/middle school AAU.  The recruiting potential is a distinct advantage.  Plain & simple, tssaa is either asleep at the wheel or complicit, it's one or the other and nothing else is a feasible possibility.

She doesn’t coach the high school age group.  I was referring to the rule where you can’t have 3 or more players from the same school on a team.  That’s an AAU rule that is broken by most teams around this area, Rush, Elite, Power, TN Flight, Magic.  There’s no rule against her coaching the younger players.  

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

6 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

She doesn’t coach the high school age group.  I was referring to the rule where you can’t have 3 or more players from the same school on a team.  That’s an AAU rule that is broken by most teams around this area, Rush, Elite, Power, TN Flight, Magic.  There’s no rule against her coaching the younger players.  

The point is there should be.  Clear recruiting advantage for.HS coaches who coach middle school AAU, especially a "school specific" related AAU team.  Flight, Rush etc are not school related teams, Magic most definitely is.

Just now, tnhoosier said:

The point is there should be.  Clear recruiting advantage for.HS coaches who coach middle school AAU, especially a "school specific" related AAU team.  Flight, Rush etc are not school related teams, Magic most definitely is.

I’m sure when it becomes a rule she will stop coaching. 

Just now, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

She didn’t play in middle school until the summer after 8th grade.  She played in one tournament with CHS new coach.  

She played with Magic, I know we played against them several times.  Where'd Akira go to middle school, Overton County? Where'd she go to high school, Upperman... Who was over Magic?... Dana, and she may not have been the coach but she was there close to the bench.  Funny how things work out.

Again, not against the rules at all... But like I said, it sure should be!

6 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

She played with Magic, I know we played against them several times.  Where'd Akira go to middle school, Overton County? Where'd she go to high school, Upperman... Who was over Magic?... Dana, and she may not have been the coach but she was there close to the bench.  Funny how things work out.

Again, not against the rules at all... But like I said, it sure should be!

Guess I was misinformed.  

6 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

You believe in your media hype, I'll believe in what I see on the court.  I'm not impressed. I've seen more than a half a dozen games each of the last 2 years, so i think the chances that I saw all her below average games, is pretty slim.    If she's your style player, more power to you

Her team won and will play later this week. Your team, like mine, lost and is done for this season. Taking nothing away from the other young ladies on the UHS team, Levy is the reason their season continues. It sure would be nice to see you just congratulate Levy and UHS and quit showing your ignorance by putting down a very talented young lady who made it happen!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been out of the AAU loop for a few years.  I understand that Tn Rush is based out of Overton Co. and Tn Magic is based out of  Cumberland Co. 

Coaches watching kids play summer ball is common. People need to forget their jealousies, disappointments,  accept realities, then move on. There is plenty of BBall yet to be played.

Edited by jimbo44