Waverly 2018

HCBigRed

4 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Waverly QB was rushed out of pocket. HC defender came off his receiver. Big no no. Stanfield made him pay on the run with a wide open pass. 

I know that was terrible on the defenders part. Waverly had a good showing all in all. It was a good game for both teams heading into the season opener. Playing good teams only makes you better.

1 hour ago, gbrpats said:

HC beat Waverly 20-13. Waverly had one good drive for a TD and another TD on a busted coverage where their receiver we was wide open. Other than that HC kept Waverlys offense in check. 

HC also had a long pass reception to a wide open receiver and a 80 us to run and other than that we kept your O in check. Was a good experience for both teams and good luck to y'all this year. We got flagged like 10 times to 0 for y'all, we have to fix that! 

7 hours ago, Tigers6056 said:

HC also had a long pass reception to a wide open receiver and a 80 us to run and other than that we kept your O in check. Was a good experience for both teams and good luck to y'all this year. We got flagged like 10 times to 0 for y'all, we have to fix that! 

Well we did have a 15 yard unsportsmanlike that I remember. Its very important to have a mistake free game to beat good teams. Y'all can and will fix that. Y'all will be fine. The only thing was that screen y'all ran over and over was so predictable. I was constantly looking for it. Not sure how that would work against the really good defenses but still believe y'all will have a good season.

2 hours ago, gbrpats said:

Well we did have a 15 yard unsportsmanlike that I remember. Its very important to have a mistake free game to beat good teams. Y'all can and will fix that. Y'all will be fine. The only thing was that screen y'all ran over and over was so predictable. I was constantly looking for it. Not sure how that would work against the really good defenses but still believe y'all will have a good season.

That's not our normal offense, though we will throw a screen or two every now and then. My boys said your coach asked our coach to keep it simple and you all would do the same, that way y'all didn't reveal to much before the season started and neither would we. If you noticed, all the plays where pretty basic on both sides. Glad to see our 1st teamers were able to go toe to toe with yours. Got me pretty excited about the season!

1 minute ago, Super8Dad said:

That's not our normal offense, though we will throw a screen or two every now and then. My boys said your coach asked our coach to keep it simple and you all would do the same, that way y'all didn't reveal to much before the season started and neither would we. If you noticed, all the plays where pretty basic on both sides. Glad to see our 1st teamers were able to go toe to toe with yours. Got me pretty excited about the season!

Ok that makes sense. I agree with that. I'm glad we was able to go toe to toe with y'alls 1st team offense. Everybody has talked about how explosive Waverlys offense was. In just glad to have hung with y'all honestly

4 hours ago, gbrpats said:

I forgot about that penalty. We seem to commit them in times that we don't need too but I'm sure most of those will get fixed. I was shocked when y'all wide receiver got behind our corner, I was watching the quarterback scramble. Y'all have slot of speed and some bigguns in the trenches!

45 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

I forgot about that penalty. We seem to commit them in times that we don't need too but I'm sure most of those will get fixed. I was shocked when y'all wide receiver got behind our corner, I was watching the quarterback scramble. Y'all have slot of speed and some bigguns in the trenches!

You talking about the time the receiver got behind the defense and the ball was just overthrown? That was a big missed opportunity but our QB has improved drastically over last season in throwing and accuracy

7 hours ago, gbrpats said:

Waverly coaching staff is smart. Definitely not going to show off our plays at a jamboree. Waverly ran the same couple of plays over and over on purpose. It’s their bread and butter. A lot more goes into it than meets the eye. A lot more to Waverly then what you seen. It’s a jamboree! Means nothing but experience 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Waverly coaching staff is smart. Definitely not going to show off our plays at a jamboree. Waverly ran the same couple of plays over and over on purpose. It’s their bread and butter. A lot more goes into it than meets the eye. A lot more to Waverly then what you seen. It’s a jamboree! Means nothing but experience 

No kidding! But I definelty wouldnt run the same play over over. Mix it up a little. You don't have to show all you got but I believe you have to somewhat run your offense.  Anyways good luck to you guys would love to see Waverly holding the 2A Gold Trophy at the end of the season!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gbrpats said:

You talking about the time the receiver got behind the defense and the ball was just overthrown? That was a big missed opportunity but our QB has improved drastically over last season in throwing and accuracy

First I apologize for my phones interpretation of my words and my use of it but I'm learning the smart phone world. The pass that I was talking about was caught down around our 20, the quarterback made a good throw. Would like to see film to know how he beat our corner. 

On 8/12/2018 at 12:41 AM, Tigers6056 said:

First I apologize for my phones interpretation of my words and my use of it but I'm learning the smart phone world. The pass that I was talking about was caught down around our 20, the quarterback made a good throw. Would like to see film to know how he beat our corner. 

Our corner just got caught looking in the backfield on that one. He so focused on the qb that the receiver ran right past him, and by the time he realized it was being thrown his way, it was to late to recover. He usually don't make mistakes like that, but we made alot of mistakes we normally don't make. I think it was just nerves and the fact that he's usually the fastest person on the field, but he wasn't that night. I'm sure coach will have that all ironed out by Friday!