CPA-Ensworth

Mothman26

The Ensworth Tigers take the short drive to CPA this week for the MYTV30 game of the week as well as one of the most anticipated and hyped up home game in a long time for CPA. The lions took care of former district foe Stratford last week 34-12 as the Spartans were able to get a few garbage time touchdowns. Ensworth seemed to scrap and claw off a upset minded Lipscomb team 14-6 in their first game without Rickey Bowers at the helm. It should be a competitive hard faught game but I think CPA’s experience will get their better of ensworth

CPA 31

Ensworth 14 

I agree with the score in previous post. I may be wrong, but it seems like the teams who have had long time successful coaches step down (Ensworth, DCA) are finding the waters rough. The coaches retired for a reason and the reason appears to be the quality of talent (or lack of) left to the new coach.

CPA is catching Ensworth at the best possible time. If this game was played 5 years ago, CPA would not be in this easy position.

4 hours ago, wahoo said:

I agree with the score in previous post. I may be wrong, but it seems like the teams who have had long time successful coaches step down (Ensworth, DCA) are finding the waters rough. The coaches retired for a reason and the reason appears to be the quality of talent (or lack of) left to the new coach.

CPA is catching Ensworth at the best possible time. If this game was played 5 years ago, CPA would not be in this easy position.

You are very wrong on why Ensworth’s coach stepped down.  Do a little research and you’ll see why. It’s a family matter, so I’m not going to talk about it on a public thread. 

You’re  also very wrong about the talent level at Ensworth as they probably have one of the largest number of highly recruited players in middle TN.  Check out the player recruiting rankings for 2019 and 2020.

There will be nothing easy about this game.  It is in no way the best possible time. 

Edited by BreadTruck44
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Booger said:

will b mightly shocked if Ensworth is anywhere close to the Presbyterians.......they ant no joke

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Ensworth didn’t play all their highly recruited ones last week, but I’ve heard they’ll be ready tonight.  I think it’ll be close like 2 of the last 3 years. Should be a great crowd and atmosphere.  Fridays are fun!