CLOUDLAND; ONLY PULIC 1A LEFT

dewswar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd recruits just as much as Cloudland does. How in the world are yall so positive that we recruit when yall have never played us before and don't even live near Chattanooga? I'm sure Cloudland is a good public school. In Chattanooga though, people are either switching to private schools or homeschooling. Parents don't want their kids going to the school they're zoned for so they send them to a private school. Until yall come up with undeniable evidence that Boyd (or any other private school for that matter) recruits, then drop the subject. It's basically an excuse to use just in case your team loses.

Just found this.

Posted by Brandon100

Most private schools have waiting lists of prospective students that can be for several years. They have plenty of parents begging for the schools to take their children to get the kids out of public. If the public schools ran a better organization, maybe they wouldn't be so envyous of the private schools, and parents wouldn't feel the need to move their kids to the private schools!

It's the same with Boyd. In the high school, we only had room for two or three new students I think. I'm almost positive that none of them play football. It's probably the same for the middle school. Enough said about recruiting.

i never said Boyd recruits. I said BGA, Brentwood Academy, and other D-II schools. We have 5 school districts in one small rural county. We cannot have players from other districts play on our team.Boyd and other private schools can. It's not fair, it does not matter if you recruit or not they recruit you. Cloudland has a great public school team. Ask Boyd-Buchanan if it is ok if we bring 2 or 3 players from all the teams in our county, then it might be equal. Even though Boyd probably has players from far outside the county. :):D:)

pujo- I expected better from you, man. Reacting to some 15yr old who brags that Boyd has more skilled athletes than you and he hasn't even seen Cloudland play! Everybody who has been breathing for more than 25yrs. should know that great teams come and go. Some years you've got talent to work with, some years you've got tons of heart, some years you've got neither. To accuse any school of recruiting or going around the rules is serious biz! I know the families of these kids and the circumstances that led up to them going to Boyd. You have NO idea of the background of any of these kids.

Sorry, dog. Just an assumption made on my part in order to prove a point. If you back off of personal feelings and look at the big picture, athletes come and go in all schools. It just happens to be a good Soph and SR class for speed @ Boyd. Next year it'll be some Juniors ond not much else.

Chakra20, I read many of your post and many R good. I see U have 17 good post. Sometimes like this one is about 180 degrees from them. U post some like U R looking forward to playing only privates. U R not really or U would not say things like this post and the ones that agrue against it. Try bring consisent.

I am looking forward to playing only private schools. Basically, so there will be no more complaining from the public school camp. Wait, there still will be because then there will be something else successful schools have advanatges over them.

This time of Political Correctness in our Country is really sad.

cloudland like bruceton collinwood and others are public and have to abide by tssaa rules for playing only players from their district. Cloudland is a from carter county. This county has 2 single a's 2 double a's 1 4a city school. the population of the county is less than more. Yet cloudland cant have a player on their team that lives just 30 minutes down the road, or they will be breaking tssaa rules that would be enforced by tssaa...Cloudland, like most public teams most often will get a state contender maybe once every 20yrs.Some schools according to coaching maybe more chances. Yet you have some privates basically in it every yr. Maybe not the same private school but one out of the region every yr.Its just a juggling act of who gets the players down their....If privates would like to only play their students that come from their district then they wouldnt even have a team. So recruit or not it is still not a even playing field...If they do recruit in some way then shame on them because that is adding insult to the game... Not saying they do. Just remember all the kids in the great state of tn. that bust their butts in practice every day to strive to be the best in their division...You would not expect 1a to play 5a in the finals because it would not be an even playing field. Well it seems that is the argument at hand..Why doesnt privates just go up in division if they dont want to be in division 2....The answer is ???????????well guess they already tried that and brentwood just destroyed teams in the higher classifications too. so how does a single a public win this battle.. Lift more weights, hire better coaching, no the only way they will compete is if they cheat.... If you cheat to win did you really win........?

[Edited by dewswar on 12-5-02 6:24P]

[Edited by dewswar on 12-5-02 6:26P]