Where is the DA discussion? Team is loaded!!

CommandoPride1478

Im a 6A Dad so dont get on the DII board much.  Surprised to not see any DA threads and see so many DCA and Goodpasture posts.

DA looks to be loaded with talent!!  Best QB in state, one of the best if not the best RB in state, and what seems to be a much improved Defense.  I cant recall a team at this level having 3 D1 FBS recruits.  Pretty dang impressive.

After watching some video on their QB and the team in general, I look for this team to go 14-0 (or however many games they play).  Doubt anyone will come within 14 of them.

Would love to hear some other opinions from folks more familiar with this division.  Gonna try  to get and see them play when HHS has their bye week.

16 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Im a 6A Dad so dont get on the DII board much.  Surprised to not see any DA threads and see so many DCA and Goodpasture posts.

DA looks to be loaded with talent!!  Best QB in state, one of the best if not the best RB in state, and what seems to be a much improved Defense.  I cant recall a team at this level having 3 D1 FBS recruits.  Pretty dang impressive.

After watching some video on their QB and the team in general, I look for this team to go 14-0 (or however many games they play).  Doubt anyone will come within 14 of them.

Would love to hear some other opinions from folks more familiar with this division.  Gonna try  to get and see them play when HHS has their bye week.

DA should be tested tonight against Waverly.  I have family who plays for Goodpasture and we play them next week.  Can’t wait. How did DA get so much talent?  Where are they getting their kids I wonder? 

3 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

DA should win it all this year, BUT the statement above might be the worst yet. Isn’t this the kid who went to one of the Rutherford Co. schools and couldn’t cut it so he went back to DA? Kid is a good QB but far from the best in the state.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigENS said:

DA should win it all this year, BUT the statement above might be the worst yet. Isn’t this the kid who went to one of the Rutherford Co. schools and couldn’t cut it so he went back to DA? Kid is a good QB but far from the best in the state.

Who’s better?  Getting a full ride to an FBS tells me he’s def one of if not the best.  I am only comparing him other Srs.  I am not familiar with many underclassmen. 

Friendship and Fayette Academy are the only two teams, maybe MTCS, that would have a chance against DA in the division.  After the second half of the Goodpasture game I would take FC out of the picture as they cannot run or stop the run up the middle.  Will know more about FA chances as they play DA in the regular season.  Looks like it is DA's gold ball to lose.

16 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

D1-2A Waverly played them to the last minute tonight and lost by 7 (62-55). DA's running back is special and has no quit but in my opinion Waverly's RB out played him in this game.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rednecktiger31 said:

D1-2A Waverly played them to the last minute tonight and lost by 7 (62-55). DA's running back is special and has no quit but in my opinion Waverly's RB out played him in this game.

I also believe our QB Stanfield is better, though he didn’t throw much last night. 

12 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Sounds like it was a crazy exciting offensive game

It definitely was. Waverly usually has a highly active offense, DA looked to be seriously gassed by halftime but they still managed to do their thing and finished the game. #5 is a great power runner and #6 is small and quick, I would say those were the two players that made the difference. Hope yal all have a great season.

DA is loaded and should cruise to State Title but you never know. They should have gotten to Cookeville last year but fell short and got upset at home by DCA. We will see if the D trips them up or if they make it happen this year. Very unusual to see this much talent on a small private school team. They are fun to watch for sure. 

2 hours ago, CFAfan said:

Dumbest statement I have ever read on the T. Everyone entitled to their opinion tho. 

Guess you forgot about this one! 

"Nothing interesting at all here IMO. Score will be whatever FCS wants it to be but I am guessing a 28-7 final. Once JM gets the lead he is just gonna sit on it and run the clock. GCS appears to be much improved over last season but I do not see that adding up to many, if any, additional wins over the 1 they got last year."