Is region 4-5 one of the deepest in 4A?????

FootballPops

Half way through the season it looks like the region has quite a few up and coming teams.  Portland, Montgomery Central, and Creekwood along with Springfield, and White House all are fighting for the top spot. I do understand there are alot of region games to be played, and some teams schedule at the beginning of the season are light loaded. I know in the past this region has been referred to as WEAK.  What are y'alls thoughts???

I mentioned in another thread that I thought that most teams in Region 5 had improved this season.  Last season it was Springfield and White House, then a big drop off. This season, Springfield is still likely at the top (we'll see). But the drop off from 2 -5 is not as steep.  Overall, the region is more competitive and where good coaches would like their region to be. Having said that, I don't see them sweeping Region 6 in the playoffs. I see another 2-2 outcome in the first round.

On the other hand, had Region 5 played Region 3 in last season's playoff I would have expected a 2-2 outcome. But this season I think Region 5 could make it 3-1, in their favor.

On the third hand (there's almost always at least three hands to every story), had Region 5 played Region 4 last season I see Region 5 going 1-4 against Region 4. And so far this season I still see Region 5 going 1-4 against Region 4.

Putting it all together, I see Region 5 as having gone from being WEAK to becoming AVERAGE. And that's a good place for any region to be.

10 minutes ago, FootballPops said:

Who's stout in Region 4 besides Maplewood? Spring Hill, and Marshall County are down this year.

Tullahoma is taking up Spring Hill's slack. Nolensville appears to be just as good as last year.

Marshall County is down. But the did beat a Shelbyville team that some think will do well in the 5A playoffs. And they also took Cane Ridge to overtime in a loss.  So while Marshall County may not be as good as last season, they haven't dropped off as much as Spring Hill.