HAPPY VALLEY @ GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY

gcapride

8 hours ago, gcapride said:

Your kid is the one I was talking about that was called for running his mouth. The kid has said 8 words in 4 years of HS!!!! I know he’s competitive, but he’s as respectful as you can get. No way he said anything that would warrant a flag. I’m sure the staff will get the kids that really deserved a flag in line this week. There were several that went across the line and that’s not what we’re about. 

Thank you for confirming that. At least, it makes me feel a tiny bit better. He told me the ump kept glaring at him, like he was going to say something. So, of course, my nut literally got in a staring contest with him (shouldn't have done that.) He finally asked, "What?" and the guy yelled at him that "You should be ashamed!" AND HE THREW THE FLAG. LOL!!! Maybe he was referring to the other verbiage from others I wasn't privy to. Who knows? A grown man,, supposedly trained to not be emotional on the field, just has to be better than to bait a kid that he knows is already emotional and trying not to lose his mind.

8 hours ago, Kickersdad said:

I've seen, and I'm sure you and RaiseEm has to, emotions get high in a game like that and good kids get overwhelmed with a passion to win or frustrated with themselves or teammates. That's high school football buddy, always has been, always will be. I dont even know who got flagged and who didn't. Just get tired of HV fans screaming at refs like its gonna change anything. They called a good game and flagged what they deemed necessary. All I know is you guys got young studs comin up and that's not taking anything away from your upper class studs. Rams gettin some curl back in them horns! I will say for HV, that first half is best pass defense we've played. We dont see that kinda gunslingin' in these parts. Pass defense will wear out your secondary and it showed in second half. Super proud of our D. Just need a long snapper now. Was a great pleasure to meet you Pride. Thanks for talking to the kid and the compliment you gave him, he told me when he got home. Hope we meet again. God richly bless!

Great post.....a lot of times we forget they are kids, and most are harder on themselves than any coach ever could be. I also conveniently forget what I probably would've done when I was a teenager. :shock:

I think you're right. The future is bright with all the guys coming back. Pride and I are done being player dads after this year. It is a small senior class, but we've been blessed with a great group of young men in it.

It has to be hard to kick when your trying to catch a bouncing ball with a 315lb wrecking ball coming at you. I thought he handled all those snaps incredibly athletically! We were all commenting about it in the booth. Let us know where he ends up playing in college......he's certainly qualified, if that's where The Lord is leading him.

36 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Thank you for confirming that. At least, it makes me feel a tiny bit better. He told me the ump kept glaring at him, like he was going to say something. So, of course, my nut literally got in a staring contest with him (shouldn't have done that.) He finally asked, "What?" and the guy yelled at him that "You should be ashamed!" AND HE THREW THE FLAG. LOL!!! Maybe he was referring to the other verbiage from others I wasn't privy to. Who knows? A grown man,, supposedly trained to not be emotional on the field, just has to be better than to bait a kid that he knows is already emotional and trying not to lose his mind.

The umpire most certainly had to ice his flag throwing arm after last night. Some guys want to come out there and try to be invisible and let the game take Center Stage. Others think that all those fans in the stands pay their $7 to come watch them call the game. He called ‘em on both teams, so he didn’t discriminate. He just threw way too many of them. I have several good friends that are white hats or officials. Had one tell me a few years ago, he had an umpire that thought he was the show in the first half. They went to the locker room at halftime and he went up to him and stuck his hand out. The umpire said, “What?” White hat said, “Give me your flag” the ump wasn’t heard from in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Great post.....a lot of times we forget they are kids, and most are harder on themselves than any coach ever could be. I also conveniently forget what I probably would've done when I was a teenager. :shock:

I think you're right. The future is bright with all the guys coming back. Pride and I are done being player dads after this year. It is a small senior class, but we've been blessed with a great group of young men in it.

It has to be hard to kick when your trying to catch a bouncing ball with a 315lb wrecking ball coming at you. I thought he handled all those snaps incredibly athletically! We were all commenting about it in the booth. Let us know where he ends up playing in college......he's certainly qualified, if that's where The Lord is leading him.

Thanks and God bless RaiseEm! He's actually at a college visit today at Catawba. We want what the Lord wants. Has about three or four more scheduled. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kickersdad said:

Thanks and God bless RaiseEm! He's actually at a college visit today at Catawba. We want what the Lord wants. Has about three or four more scheduled. 

Boy do we understand that. I've heard great things about Catawba from an educational perspective. I don't know much about their coaches or program. I'm just praying mine is following The Lord's will in the decisions he's already made, and ones needing to be made soon enough.  

I'll happily pray for you and your son! As a dad of a decent athlete, I know how it can wear on the student athlete, the coaches AND the parents. I keep having to check myself at the altar, so I don't try and influence him toward what I truly believe in my heart is best for him. It is his decision, his life to live and His path to seek and follow. I'm just here to pray for him and guide him when it is appropriate. May The Lord bless your son's college choice and mine!  

On 9/29/2018 at 10:27 PM, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Boy do we understand that. I've heard great things about Catawba from an educational perspective. I don't know much about their coaches or program. I'm just praying mine is following The Lord's will in the decisions he's already made, and ones needing to be made soon enough.  

I'll happily pray for you and your son! As a dad of a decent athlete, I know how it can wear on the student athlete, the coaches AND the parents. I keep having to check myself at the altar, so I don't try and influence him toward what I truly believe in my heart is best for him. It is his decision, his life to live and His path to seek and follow. I'm just here to pray for him and guide him when it is appropriate. May The Lord bless your son's college choice and mine!  

Thanks so much. Lord's will is first and foremost!

• Upvote 1