GCA at CAK

gcapride

7 hours ago, gcapride said:

Yep, it’s the best week of the year, CAK week. The mighty warriors are coming off an impressive win over Silverdale. Most of the CAK folks only read or don’t post much these days. Either that or their younger son is now on our team. 

The old pride.lol

That being said doesnt change a thing,CAK by 14 line play goes to the Warriors.Wouldnt be surprised either way tho lots of emotions in this game like,should i wear my plaid sweater and brown khakis?Or my brown sweater and my plaid Shorts.Drive the Beamer or the Denali.Wear my hair up or down.Rolex or the iron man.:roflol::roflolk:

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

The old pride.lol

That being said doesnt change a thing,CAK by 14 line play goes to the Warriors.Wouldnt be surprised either way tho lots of emotions in this game like,should i wear my plaid sweater and brown khakis?Or my brown sweater and my plaid Shorts.Drive the Beamer or the Denali.Wear my hair up or down.Rolex or the iron man.:roflol::roflolk:

Wow so we are thinking CAK is on Graces level again? I know last year it was a huge gap between the programs. Of course historicaly CAK has been better. 

32 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Wow so we are thinking CAK is on Graces level again? I know last year it was a huge gap between the programs. Of course historicaly CAK has been better. 

If we roll in there thinking anything other than that, we will get our butts handed to us. They got embarrassed last year, as we have in the past. They won't let that happen two years in a row.

OnB is pretty straight up, unless he's jerkin' Pride's chain. I trust his evaluation. He's seen his boys maul both of us. I'd say, we better be on our "A" game.

We did give ole Coach K a whole lot more to think about last night. And, I believe we made some sweet adjustments to the D to be ready to take on that running game they are so proud of. 

Can't wait! Last CAK game for mine. He'll have to check his emotions at the bus.

4 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

If we roll in there thinking anything other than that, we will get our butts handed to us. They got embarrassed last year, as we have in the past. They won't let that happen two years in a row.

OnB is pretty straight up, unless he's jerkin' Pride's chain. I trust his evaluation. He's seen his boys maul both of us. I'd say, we better be on our "A" game.

We did give ole Coach K a whole lot more to think about last night. And, I believe we made some sweet adjustments to the D to be ready to take on that running game they are so proud of. 

Can't wait! Last CAK game for mine. He'll have to check his emotions at the bus.

Sorry i posted and ran but youngest son is getting married next Sat and the wife and i had to go do some money spending.

OK heres my synopsis.CAKs line play is better at least it was when we played them.GCA is yeast roll soft worst line play i have ever seen from GCA team.In my opinion as most folks know i base alot on it.Against HV its just a difference of two completely different styles and GCAs offense has the ability to put up points as does CAK against the right D.GB just has WAY too much speed for either team this year and our line play aginst CAK was good but against GCA was outstanding.CAK has looked like they are actually improving with a couple of the wins they have logged.GCA has beaten some bad footbal teams in BB and TKA,HV wasnt a bad team but not the caliber of Webb,ND,GB and so on.The short passing game of CAK is real good and will move the ball but they do have the ability to run a little.GCA short passing game can be good if they catch the ball and protect the QB,once the QB gets rattled he isnt as effective.GCA has no resemblance of a run game.So CAK by 14.I wouldnt be surprised if it was the other way around but that my pick.

Got some good info a little while ago that may make my prediction sound silly,but thats my pick.I guess ill be buying big kahunas for someone!

Edited by orngnblk

15 hours ago, gcapride said:

Yep, it’s the best week of the year, CAK week. The mighty warriors are coming off an impressive win over Silverdale. Most of the CAK folks only read or don’t post much these days. Either that or their younger son is now on our team. 

sad moment in time when a team considers a win over them Southern Baptist impressive.....then again any win is a good win......them Southern Baptist get to visit Vermont Ave this week.....they got a couple ex Irishmen playin over there that didnt strap they pads on for the game last season.....we shall see this week

Booger just sayin :twisted:

Edited by Booger

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Sorry i posted and ran but youngest son is getting married next Sat and the wife and i had to go do some money spending.

OK heres my synopsis.CAKs line play is better at least it was when we played them.GCA is yeast roll soft worst line play i have ever seen from GCA team.In my opinion as most folks know i base alot on it.Against HV its just a difference of two completely different styles and GCAs offense has the ability to put up points as does CAK against the right D.GB just has WAY too much speed for either team this year and our line play aginst CAK was good but against GCA was outstanding.CAK has looked like they are actually improving with a couple of the wins they have logged.GCA has beaten some bad footbal teams in BB and TKA,HV wasnt a bad team but not the caliber of Webb,ND,GB and so on.The short passing game of CAK is real good and will move the ball but they do have the ability to run a little.GCA short passing game can be good if they catch the ball and protect the QB,once the QB gets rattled he isnt as effective.GCA has no resemblance of a run game.So CAK by 14.I wouldnt be surprised if it was the other way around but that my pick.

Got some good info a little while ago that may make my prediction sound silly,but thats my pick.I guess ill be buying big kahunas for someone!

Ouch!!! Been there and done that with a daughter. I'm guessing a son getting married is probably not cheap either. I hope all goes just as they planned it.....ok, just as the ladies planned it. You just sit there and keep your mouth shut. :) 

CAK is a bit different on offense now than when you saw them. Their coaches aren't stupid. They're going to try and run it down our throat to dominate time of possession and wear us down. If they can do that, it will be a long night for the Rams.

You're dead on about one thing: line play is the key to the game. Your assessment of our performance at Cooper Field is sadly accurate. I do not believe that will happen again.

Proof's in the pudding. Pride.....hit em with the upper cut!!!! IT'S CAK WEEK!!!!!

11 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Ouch!!! Been there and done that with a daughter. I'm guessing a son getting married is probably not cheap either. I hope all goes just as they planned it.....ok, just as the ladies planned it. You just sit there and keep your mouth shut. :) 

CAK is a bit different on offense now than when you saw them. Their coaches aren't stupid. They're going to try and run it down our throat to dominate time of possession and wear us down. If they can do that, it will be a long night for the Rams.

You're dead on about one thing: line play is the key to the game. Your assessment of our performance at Cooper Field is sadly accurate. I do not believe that will happen again.

Proof's in the pudding. Pride.....hit em with the upper cut!!!! IT'S CAK WEEK!!!!!

If you all were at home it would be a little different and yes i know the Howell kid is out for the season.Just think CAK gets the win.

12 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If you all were at home it would be a little different and yes i know the Howell kid is out for the season.Just think CAK gets the win.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. They just may be better balanced and on a mission as a team, instead of just riding their horse. Sometimes losing a leader brings a team together, and then they actually perform better.

They played us tough last year, though the score didn't reflect it. I can guarantee one thing. Nobody will overlook them on our side. There's no love lost. We've got some seniors that want to even the score at 2-2 for their careers.