GCA at CAK

gcapride

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, orngnblk said:

Raisem i try to make good picks so the guys playing the big ones have a chance!:roflol:

Sorry OnB......I had to take more than the "24 hr rule" on this one. It was a good pick. I can't come on here and pick my senior kid's team to lose before a game.....so, you don't see me making score predictions. You can ask Pride what I've been saying to him this past week, and he and EVERYONE else, but you, thought I was completely crazy. I know what I see and don't see......

As for all the rumor stuff.....I'm not in the know enough to comment. I'm just a dad of a senior who HATES TO LOSE AT ANYTHING playing his guts out and trying to help this team anyway they allow him to.

I'm going to just stop.....

Nope....one more thing......Booger, that scrotum sack better be full of more than pebbles Friday night. We're going to need more than pebbles. That's as close as you're going to get to my prediction. Have a great week everyone.

3 hours ago, RamTough41 said:

I will not speculate on CRB. I will support him as I supported McKamey. Just like our president, you can like him or hate him, but he's still OUR POTUS. Same as a coach, not going to say I applaud every play call, but until he decides to move on, he's our coach and I will support him. IMO, (this is not aimed at GCA, but Div2 football as a whole),I think that a problem with being in TSSAA Div2 is that there sometimes is a lack of ownership in the program and a lack of pride in the program for kids who come sliding into Div2 programs from D1 or other D2 schools. There a lifers or long time players who only want to play for their school, always have and always will. With that being said, there are also players who see good things and jump here and there to try to get the best team or playing time and they don't have the investment and ownership in a program that lifers do. I have seen this cycle play out for years. Like it or not, teams like Greenback that we played have kids from K-5 on who's only desire is to someday wear the orange and black and play for their HS and nowhere else. That is what I feel is lacking in ALL D2 football to some extent. I played for a bad 5A school in my day, but I didn't want to play anywhere else, it was MY team. This is not a "jab" at GCA or any school, my son graduated and this doesn't affect me or my son in any way. I just see this as a cycle and a fundamental problem for D2 that will continue. My opinion only.

Man what a great post.

5 hours ago, RamTough41 said:

I will not speculate on CRB. I will support him as I supported McKamey. Just like our president, you can like him or hate him, but he's still OUR POTUS. Same as a coach, not going to say I applaud every play call, but until he decides to move on, he's our coach and I will support him. IMO, (this is not aimed at GCA, but Div2 football as a whole),I think that a problem with being in TSSAA Div2 is that there sometimes is a lack of ownership in the program and a lack of pride in the program for kids who come sliding into Div2 programs from D1 or other D2 schools. There a lifers or long time players who only want to play for their school, always have and always will. With that being said, there are also players who see good things and jump here and there to try to get the best team or playing time and they don't have the investment and ownership in a program that lifers do. I have seen this cycle play out for years. Like it or not, teams like Greenback that we played have kids from K-5 on who's only desire is to someday wear the orange and black and play for their HS and nowhere else. That is what I feel is lacking in ALL D2 football to some extent. I played for a bad 5A school in my day, but I didn't want to play anywhere else, it was MY team. This is not a "jab" at GCA or any school, my son graduated and this doesn't affect me or my son in any way. I just see this as a cycle and a fundamental problem for D2 that will continue. My opinion only.

I agree with what goofball from GB said. Good post.

I went back and read my post again. My statement wasn't meant to insinuate that a change was coming or would happen. I was just to replying to the USJ poster the real reason why CRB left USJ after only 1 season. That poster said he thought Rusty might be looking for a way out. I'm not of that opinion. I will support whoever is at the helm of our program. I've always done that and I always will. Saw a piece that Mark Nagi did on Rusty last week. In it he says "This place is a gold mine" referring to GCA. That tells me all I need to know. He knows that he can build something big here. Just going to take time.

If anyone from GCA is happy about the recent news from CAK, they've got the wrong perspective. We need to be solely focused on our program, our team, and what needs to be done to improve short term and long term. We've got three weeks to get it figured out for this season. That's not much time.

And, yes......41's post was spot on, sadly.

1 hour ago, chainsaw2 said:

That is not the real reason he left. It was probably a factor but not even the main one. Not going to elaborate and I do know and so do the boys. Reap what ye sow-big time

You can't use "probably" and baseless "I do know" phrases and have any credibility. You think you know a lot about a lot of things. One thing everyone knows on here, is that you're completely biased against GCA, no matter who we play. Go somewhere else and try to tear people down.

I can speak to what I know FIRST HAND. I wouldn't trade what CRB has done for my kid for anything in the world. And, that's saying that when things aren't going as they should be right now. He takes as much time as a player/family needs, when he's approached in the right way at the right times of the year. Once the summer starts, you can forget it. He's all into preparing for the season. That's the way it should be. Before that, he's completely selfless in his willingness to assist these kids in whatever he can.

Most importantly, he is a first class individual, who won't bend the rules to gain an advantage. He won't even complain much to the officials during a game for crying out loud. When it comes to wanting things done the right way, he's my guy. Everyone in Ram Country needs to sit back, support the program, and let things play out the next four or five years. We owe that to the GCA family. We don't need to turn into the UT of high school football programs.  

Speaking of reaping what ye sow.......frat row just got a little more interesting today. And, I'm NOT talking about the ineligible player. Let the reaping begin.....

As for GCA.....we'll continue to do things the right way under CRB, even if it takes us a little bit longer to get where we want to be. We're not desperate yet. Desperation causes people to make poor decisions that reflect poorly on themselves and their institutions.......

One only has to watch Mark Nagi's "Open Mic" segment released a few days ago to see that Rusty Bradley is not going anywhere anytime soon unless something major changes in the near future.  

GCA is young and playing a lot of sophomores.  More than they would like, I'm sure.  That being said, if you go to the TSSAA website and compare points scored and points allowed and compare to last year at this time you will see what the difference between this year and last year is - defense.  GCA had two highly underrated linebackers and an experienced safety last year and the difference is showing.  While I'm sure the struggles this year are no fun for the team and the fans, the experienced gained will likely payoff in the next two years.  

6 hours ago, gcapride said:

I agree with what goofball from GB said. Good post.

I went back and read my post again. My statement wasn't meant to insinuate that a change was coming or would happen. I was just to replying to the USJ poster the real reason why CRB left USJ after only 1 season. That poster said he thought Rusty might be looking for a way out. I'm not of that opinion. I will support whoever is at the helm of our program. I've always done that and I always will. Saw a piece that Mark Nagi did on Rusty last week. In it he says "This place is a gold mine" referring to GCA. That tells me all I need to know. He knows that he can build something big here. Just going to take time.

Oh come on he had a copy of your bank statement!:popcorneater:

Or he had a menu from big kahunas!

5 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

If anyone from GCA is happy about the recent news from CAK, they've got the wrong perspective. We need to be solely focused on our program, our team, and what needs to be done to improve short term and long term. We've got three weeks to get it figured out for this season. That's not much time.

And, yes......41's post was spot on, sadly.

Of course I’m HAPPY with the news that came out today about our D-II brothers to the west! You either play by the rules or you get busted and pay the price. We’ve been there and paid that price. I wish no ill will toward any team. But, if you break the rules and get caught, I’m tickled pink. There’s a lot of this going on, not only at CAK, but at other schools as well. And I’m not buying what their AD is saying. That’s a very elementary TSSAA eligibility rule. Same type of rhetoric that the Powell AD tried to spread.