Toppers Visit The Hawks Nest

RebelAtHeart

A tale of two volatile and unpredictable teams here.  Both need the win to keep relevant in the conference - SH a little more than HVA at this point.  Expecting this to be a high scoring back and forth game similar to last year.  Hawks need to come out strong and put up points early to help out the D late in the game.  Definitely can see this one going either way based on the body of work from both teams so far.  SH flew in President Trump last night to help motivate them Toppers, but the Hawks are sharpening their talons and hoping to Make Post-season Great Again with a shot at the district title.  That's why they play... #anygivenfridaynight

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

A tale of two volatile and unpredictable teams here.  Both need the win to keep relevant in the conference - SH a little more than HVA at this point.  Expecting this to be a high scoring back and forth game similar to last year.  Hawks need to come out strong and put up points early to help out the D late in the game.  Definitely can see this one going either way based on the body of work from both teams so far.  SH flew in President Trump last night to help motivate them Toppers, but the Hawks are sharpening their talons and hoping to Make Post-season Great Again with a shot at the district title.  That's why they play... #anygivenfridaynight

Science Hill is not a bad team this year but they just cannot seem to finish a game.     This is a very uncharacteristically bad start for them under coach Carter.    Other than Greeneville they could easily be 6-1 instead of 2-5.   The 4 losses have been by a total of only 14 points.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Science Hill is not a bad team this year but they just cannot seem to finish a game.     This is a very uncharacteristically bad start for them under coach Carter.    Other than Greeneville they could easily be 6-1 instead of 2-5.   The 4 losses have been by a total of only 14 points.

Agree completely... I'm a little nervous about this week - these last 4 games will get tougher each week for HVA.  After this past Friday results, it looks to me like Farragut, Bearden, DB, and SH are all pretty equal - just depends on how they play any given night.  Even though Friday night was close between HVA and JC, I believe HVA is more in line with the above 4-way juggernaut than Mo West and JC.  This week will be HVA's first chance to measure up to the better teams in 1-6A.  Looking back at games with Knox West and Oak Ridge (who played the Guts, DB, and Bearden) I think the Hawks are definitely in the hunt for the 1-6A title.  Being able to rely on both pass and run will definitely benefit them through the last 4 games - my greatest concern is the battle in the trenches. 

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

A lot of youth and inexperience on this year's SH team. This group just hasn't seemed to find their groove yet. I believe this is the youngest team Carter has had in a while over there. But you're right, they could easily be 6-1 right now instead of sitting where they're at. They've got to learn to finish games. Besides Greeneville, they've competed in every game they've played to this point; leading late in most of them. They just haven't been able to put the other team away. 

Edited by WBNC83

The Hill is 1 play each game from being 6-1. This week is make or break for them.

Toppers start a 3 game winning streak this week along with Hardin Valley starting a 4 game loosing streak will leave a 3 way tie for 2nd place when the season winds down in 6A Region 1.

Farragut 1st

SHHS, DB & Bearden  2nd

HV 5th

Jeff CO 6th

Mo West 7th

4th place has to go to Maryville. All the other games Region 1 teams can win in the 1st round. Not easy but can win.

17 hours ago, toppernationfan said:

The Hill is 1 play each game from being 6-1. This week is make or break for them.

Toppers start a 3 game winning streak this week along with Hardin Valley starting a 4 game loosing streak will leave a 3 way tie for 2nd place when the season winds down in 6A Region 1.

Farragut 1st

SHHS, DB & Bearden  2nd

HV 5th

Jeff CO 6th

Mo West 7th

4th place has to go to Maryville. All the other games Region 1 teams can win in the 1st round. Not easy but can win.

Definitely can agree with your line of thought... but fortunately the boys only have to play 1 game this week!  So I gather you are expecting those Toppers to prevail over the Hawks... care to offer up a prediction?  Only risk is a slab of humble pie with a side of crow! :thumb:

Figuring 1-6A predictions and post-season placement looks like a high order algebraic equation right now.  I expect the math to simplify over the next couple weeks.  I wouldn't go eliminating them Hawks and Patriots until you get a few more weeks under your belt.  Eyes on the prize! :hungry:

5 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Definitely can agree with your line of thought... but fortunately the boys only have to play 1 game this week!  So I gather you are expecting those Toppers to prevail over the Hawks... care to offer up a prediction?  Only risk is a slab of humble pie with a side of crow! :thumb:

Figuring 1-6A predictions and post-season placement looks like a high order algebraic equation right now.  I expect the math to simplify over the next couple weeks.  I wouldn't go eliminating them Hawks and Patriots until you get a few more weeks under your belt.  Eyes on the prize! :hungry:

It could be 42-41 or 17-14. I believe SHHS gets the dub this week.