Rhea Co. @ Soddy

Rhea Co.

19 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Nah, they can keep him in Cleveland.  Don't care for his coaching style either.  I don't see Fitzgerald coming back either.  We're in a bind.  Let's let this thing play out.  

I was just pot stirring because of the “rain out”.  You guys were going to hang a bunch of points on Cleveland.  That would have been an additional W for you guys.  There would be plenty of Cleveland folks lined up to help make that happen though.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We’ve lost several kids to other schools. Meigs has at least 5 or 6 starters that at least played Middle School here, including their QB. The HC has changed the offense every year for the last three just to try and make our QB look good. Our QB just happens to be his son. They decide who is going to play where before the kids ever walk on the field based on who they are, if they like their parents, and if their parents will help raise money or be in the booster club. In an interview last year the HC called the fans idiots because someone was complaining and a member of his family heard it. Our talent is down from a few years ago but it wouldn’t be if kids hadn’t left or just decided not to play. It’s just Daddy ball and will only get worse if something is not done. 

On 10/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, Eagle4life55 said:

We’ve lost several kids to other schools. Meigs has at least 5 or 6 starters that at least played Middle School here, including their QB. The HC has changed the offense every year for the last three just to try and make our QB look good. Our QB just happens to be his son. They decide who is going to play where before the kids ever walk on the field based on who they are, if they like their parents, and if their parents will help raise money or be in the booster club. In an interview last year the HC called the fans idiots because someone was complaining and a member of his family heard it. Our talent is down from a few years ago but it wouldn’t be if kids hadn’t left or just decided not to play. It’s just Daddy ball and will only get worse if something is not done. 

So you start this thread out by saying that fans had unreal expectations of what this team could do this, and went all the way to wanting the coach fired, and claiming he only plays his favorites. Wow only took you three pages to get there. I think I figured out what position your kid watches from the sidelines. 

You could be back at 1-9 or 2-8 like your last staff. Or wait out two seasons of you say were subpar, even though you went to back to back semis. 

As for kids going to meigs, sometimes one kid can make a huge difference. If those kids went to middle school together then I'm sure they were friends and when the alpha went to meigs they rest followed. Not much you can do about that.

The reason I don't like our offense is I think it is a detriment to our defense. I think the reason we are so bad against the pass is because we don't get to practice against a decent passer, thus not having a clue how to defend. Just my thoughts. Also, with these type of running games you can run over teams with less physical strength and talent. But when you meet a team that equals those two things you're beat. There is a reason nobody runs this offense anymore. Again, just my thoughts. But as always..............GO EAGLES!!

Edited by 57eagle

4 hours ago, Eagle4life55 said:

As far as my kid, it’s been a long time since my kids played. I’m just a fan and a taxpayer. As far as kids following an “alpha” to Meigs, we should NEVER lose a kid to Meigs. Sorry you were offended by the booster club comment. Truth hurts!

You are rhea, not some private school or a school that works jobs out for parents, schools lose kids all the time for all kinds of reasons. A tax payer as zero say in the hiring or firing of a coach. Glad you pay taxes though. Don't sell yourself short, you are not just a fan, you are a very special kind of fan.

Again when you jumped in this thread you stated this season would be tough one and fan expectations were too high, then you face a little adversity and want to fire coaches that cause high expectations. Glad you don't have kids on the team, dinner table talk would ruin them. Yep you are a very special fan. 

Edited by twopairsofgloves