MoWest/Greeneville recap

Guest trojantough

A greeneville fan complaining about officiating, never hear that one do ya?? But it all makes since to me now why Greeneville was upset with the game being moved to sevier county...they couldnt have their usual home cooking refs. You all know this very well, as do all other teams in East Tennessee. When you play Greeneville at home, you have to beat them AND the officials. And the fact that Greeneville's parents saying roll him off the field is about as classless thing I have evr heard in my life. No wonder class is hard to come by in Greeneville....it starts at the top I guess. Now don't get me wrong, there are some classy players on Greeneville's athletic teams, but this right here shows that they have MANY that are not.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have not one clue what you are talking about. Coach Woods did not have a player suspended. And about him not teaching...that man teaches far more than football and any class or book can teach. Ask any of his former players. This decision was made because Burke-Toney was not able to be played on. Would you like your child to play for a coach that says..."go ahead and play on it and tear a knee up, we wouldn't want to make the other team think we are trying to gain an advantage?" No...Coach Woods did not do that. It would have been to his advantage to have played the game in Morristown, because of his running attack, and the fact that a wet and torn up field slows up a passing game...like the one Greeneville had. Just don't get on here and make comments about something you know nothing about. Coach Woods is not only a GREAT coach, but he is an even better man.

i play for west we did not have noone suspended but that is a nice excuse for u to make up but it's not true and there is always gunna be trashtalkin but saying roll him off the field that was to far. but it was a good game over all there was some words exchanged on the feild to but i have friends in greenville so i just kept quiet and played football

Is Oliver Stone from Greeneville? He is the only person I know that has come up with more ridiculous conspiracy theories than the people from Greeneville. If you can't come up with a reasonable excuse for losing the game, you will simply attack the character of a man you don't know, because if you did know him you wouldn't make this ridiculous accusation.

Coach Woods has NEVER and WOULD NEVER move a game because

a player was suspended. In the last 2 years he has suspended starters for at least 3 games (all of them conference games by the way) because of disciplinary reasons. Believe me if he suspends someone for a game THEY DON'T PLAY THAT GAME WHENEVER IT IS (be it on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday)!

The fact that anyone from Greeneville would complain about officiating is laughable. Greeneville could start an offensive line clinic called "How to hold on every play and get away with it!" I guess you also didn't see the punches and kicks that Cody Baugh and others threw after several plays. The atrocious behavior of your fans has already been well chronicled.

Please join the rest of us back on planet Earth and quit making up lies, or learn how to keep your mouth shut after

you get whipped.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but being an ex TSSAA football official, I know that the officials in the game were a neutral crew. All officiating crews in the playoffs come from a neutral officials association. In other words, they have not called either team during regular season and are usually from far away. Sorry Greenville, that excuse won't work, OR "That dog won't hunt"

GO MARYVILLE!!!

Guest trojantough

Hey Cbark.... before you open your mouth why don't you make sure that you have your facts straight. No one from West was suspeneded, and were did you hear that one from? Why would you get on here and spread a RUMOR when you just heard the info. from someone else? How silly does that make you look? Maybe you all should encourage Baugh to start a career in boxing? I've never seen anyone get up so slow after having their bell rung and still be able to throw such a nice "haymaker".

First off, I didn't get a chance to witness the game because it was reschedule but I do have a few points in reference to some of the comments: 1. Greeneville has a good group of kids on this team, I realize that "trash talk" takes place, but I can say that it's the environment that kids see today from the "professionals" that they watch on tv every week. It's only going to get more widespread and worse as long as we as fans tolerate it. 2. The change of days and time of the game is highly suspect since there are rules that govern such issues, and they were totally ignored in this instance. 3. For Greeneville fans to assume that it was done due to a suspension without facts is unwarranted. I suggest that Greeneville look at their own program when it comes to dubious antics (Athletic Director fixing drug test results on certain star athletes). 4. The reference to referees used at Greeneville as a home team advantage I believe to be wrong. Over the years, I have seen poor officiating around East Tennessee in all sports and it definitely has not favored Greeneville to any extent on the road or at home. 5. Morristown West was just the better TEAM, they have the numbers to keep fresh legs on the field and execute more consistently. Greeneville has by far the better athletes in key positions, but have too few of them to play 4 quarters at this level of competition. My hats off to Greeneville, you men showed courage and ability all year. You should hold your heads high for all your accomplishments. It was a Great Year!

"Why didn't they play the game at Cherokee or Cocke County as opposed to Sevier County?"

Last time I was at either stadium, neither Cherokee nor Cocke County has a 'visitor's side'. All fans sit on the same side. Not a good situation considering some of the behavior that evidently occurred at the game last Saturday.

Sevier County's stadium does have a 'visitor's side' and may, also, hold more people than the other two.

An administrator actually talked to Sevier County's principal and he said that Mo-West could set the time and it could be any time other than Saturday night because they had a basketball game that night. Morristown West could have chosen Friday, but they didn't, he never said why. I'm just curious.