Mayfields Dairy visits William Blount

BarneySox2007

54 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Due to watching CNN last week they reported WB took the whole week off but Fox News reported they did get two days in which is good. Hopefully with a week off and some good rest to any injured players the Govs will be ready for the Men from Mayfields out of McMinn County this week.

2juyb.jpg

It's not the same Mayfield we remember from our youth.

2zdsr5e.jpg

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Probably not. The guy who played against Maryville did pretty good though. I think they'll be okay.

My personal opinion is the young man is a very tough runner and I could tell he was missed very badly in the games he has been out, Don't see WB having a chance in this one at all without him. Hope I'm wrong. After seeing LC win over Stone Memorial pretty big that may be their only hope to meet my season beginning guess they would come in at 3-7 and better things maybe for next year. From what I do see the play has gotten much worse the second half than the first of the season making me really wonder now about that last game. After this season the big heads at WB are going to need to set down and ask each other if we're going in the right direction. Is the future of WB football going to be signing up two lower class teams  and their brother from another mother across town for their only possible wins each year or will they all eat another piece of BS Pie and keep going down the same road hoping for different results.

I watched WB's first game on tape this year and healthy they had maybe 6-8 good football players, but yet Shad can't coach. Really.........?

You know ya'll are right Shad can't coach. He can't coach what he doesn't have!

Poachers gonna poach, then take shots at those they are poaching....really!

Don't get me wrong If I lived in WB's zone and could pay a stipend and mykidsdad kids have a chance at at gold ball....my only question is who do I make the check out to?

But don't come on her and act all indignant! You should be praising Shad and WB and thanking them for all their contributions to your teams success. 0-15 in the last 15 meeting and only competitive in 1 (2007). And it's not just Maryville, the program has been on the struggle bus for a long time... 4-12 in the playoffs since 1994. Went from 2007 til 2016 without making the playoffs and only made it then because everybody did. Haven't won a playoff game since 2007 and Shad's the problem......

If Shad were to leave WB you know what would change....nothing. The football program would still have the same challenges it does today and did 10 years ago. The problem is not who's walking up and down the sidelines on the field, the problem is who's walking up and down the halls of the school.:popcorneater:

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

I watched WB's first game on tape this year and healthy they had maybe 6-8 good football players, but yet Shad can't coach. Really.........?

You know ya'll are right Shad can't coach. He can't coach what he doesn't have!

Poachers gonna poach, then take shots at those they are poaching....really!

Don't get me wrong If I lived in WB's zone and could pay a stipend and mykidsdad kids have a chance at at gold ball....my only question is who do I make the check out to?

But don't come on her and act all indignant! You should be praising Shad and WB and thanking them for all their contributions to your teams success. 0-15 in the last 15 meeting and only competitive in 1 (2007). And it's not just Maryville, the program has been on the struggle bus for a long time... 4-12 in the playoffs since 1994. Went from 2007 til 2016 without making the playoffs and only made it then because everybody did. Haven't won a playoff game since 2007 and Shad's the problem......

If Shad were to leave WB you know what would change....nothing. The football program would still have the same challenges it does today and did 10 years ago. The problem is not who's walking up and down the sidelines on the field, the problem is who's walking up and down the halls of the school.:popcorneater:

I'll give Shad credit. I didn't see any wins coming into this season. So they have overachieved this year in my eyes. I dont agree with you about talent, though. This team is just young. The knock against Shad is he has only managed to win two games in a season, even though the last two coaches were able to win 3 games per season against tougher competition.  And in 2016, Shad only won 2 games with a team that was pretty loaded at the skill positions. That was easily the most talented team at WB since '07. I'm not knocking Shad, just stating facts. I hope he can turn it around with the young kids that are coming up in the program. Things just haven't looked good to this point.

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I'll give Shad credit. I didn't see any wins coming into this season. So they have overachieved this year in my eyes. I dont agree with you about talent, though. This team is just young. The knock against Shad is he has only managed to win two games in a season, even though the last two coaches were able to win 3 games per season against tougher competition.  And in 2016, Shad only won 2 games with a team that was pretty loaded at the skill positions. That was easily the most talented team at WB since '07. I'm not knocking Shad, just stating facts. I hope he can turn it around with the young kids that are coming up in the program. Things just haven't looked good to this point.

You have 56 kids on your roster with 19 seniors and 19 juniors that's 29% of each class or 68% of the team. By comparison Maryville (five miles down the road) has 85 kids on the roster with 35% of those being seniors  (5 kids more) and 26% of those being juniors  (14 kids more) or 67% of the team..

Interestingly enough WB has 56 kids on the roster and Maryville has 57 seniors and Juniors. 

12 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

You have 56 kids on your roster with 19 seniors and 19 juniors that's 29% of each class or 68% of the team. By comparison Maryville (five miles down the road) has 85 kids on the roster with 35% of those being seniors  (5 kids more) and 26% of those being juniors  (14 kids more) or 67% of the team..

Interestingly enough WB has 56 kids on the roster and Maryville has 57 seniors and Juniors. 

Roster size doesn't say anything about the quality of the players. 

WB has a lot of sophomores getting playing time on Friday nights. And the Freshman guys are starting on JV.

Poacher, isn't it funny when things aren't going just right it's got something to do with Maryville. To have so much information and to do so much research on how many players and percentages of kids are juniors and seniors it sounds as if Maryville is living rent free in someone's head. WB is very fortunate to have a great Middle School program like they have had the past few years only to be wasted at the high school level.  WB reminds me of Hardee's, everything is made from scratch then someone grabs the biscuits out of the oven and drops them all on the floor and we start all over and do it again.