GCA hosts Chattanooga Christian

gcapride

18 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Especially Ole Bill.....he LOVES you! Surely its more than six. Did I mention these HS football diehards are bored? They better start turning their attn. toward Whitwell or S Pitt and Huntingdon or Cornersville.

I take that as a compliment!Me as nd old GFD have spent many a Fri night at mecca watching football and basketball games and i have even came to scrimmages,we do love high school ball!

18 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I take that as a compliment!Me as nd old GFD have spent many a Fri night at mecca watching football and basketball games and i have even came to scrimmages,we do love high school ball!

You should.....no doubt diehards is a compliment. I figure that'll describe me sooner than later. There isn't anything better than watching kids play the game. Past that level, I enjoy watching, but it isn't the same. Good luck to you guys this playoffs. It seems some folks at least give Whitwell, Cornersville or Huntingdon a slight chance to challenge the mighty Cherokees. I don't see it, but I don't know enough about Whit n SP to be credible. I can see someone stopping one facet of your offense, but not both.

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Especially Ole Bill.....he LOVES you! Surely its more than six. Did I mention these HS football diehards are bored? They better start turning their attn. toward Whitwell or S Pitt and Huntingdon or Cornersville.

LOL, yeah, ole holier than thou Bill is definitely NOT in that group of 6.

2 hours ago, gcapride said:

LOL, yeah, ole holier than thou Bill is definitely NOT in that group of 6.

And to further prove your point to the naysayers, we had that bonehead for TWO home games this year. If we were playing the cash game, we for sure wouldn't be allowing his partisan backside to referee our games.

7 hours ago, gcapride said:

Here's my take on "home cooking". How in the world can GCA or any school, for that matter, control the officiating. The KFOA (Knoxville Football Officials Association) calls every game outside the playoffs at GCA. We rarely know which crew will be assigned to us prior to them pulling in. It's the same at every other school. You have a crew assigned to your game by the association that covers your area. So, again, I ask, how can any school get "home cooking" with the current system in place.

Side note: I'm really good friends with 6 officials in the KFOA. But I'm sure that has no bearing on the way they call our games :mrgreen:

heres the thing goober every team yall play says the same thing. even the other high and mighty  holier than tho teams say it. so there is something  there.

6 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

You should.....no doubt diehards is a compliment. I figure that'll describe me sooner than later. There isn't anything better than watching kids play the game. Past that level, I enjoy watching, but it isn't the same. Good luck to you guys this playoffs. It seems some folks at least give Whitwell, Cornersville or Huntingdon a slight chance to challenge the mighty Cherokees. I don't see it, but I don't know enough about Whit n SP to be credible. I can see someone stopping one facet of your offense, but not both.

every school has their school has their own goon squad and me and onb are greenbacks. we even had to keep our fans from going on the field at oliver springs.