RED BANK VS LOUDON

1 hour ago, catchnburn said:

Correct. It is NOT a penalty. The rule was changed a couple years ago. Face guarding is legal in High School Football!

I think that is the only questionable call I saw, and I was in the stands a lot further away then the ref. There might have been contact, either way it was a 50/50 call. You see it all the time. Wonder why they changed the rule? I think most refs try to call a good fair game. As fans we tend to get upset when they go against a team. Loudon has had its fair share of calls go against them. I try to teach the kids to take care of playing and don't worry about things out of their control. I hear fans screaming at the refs (even on Loudon's side) at games and it is quiet embarrassing. 

21 hours ago, TennesseeLady said:

Loudon 2 penalties Red Bank 13 lol So you tell me if that ain’t a home cooked meal or not?

That number seems one sided. That comment I made was for uppeman and Dunlap game when someone posted upperman had home cook refs but upperman had more penalties. But 2 to 13 seems little off but I didnt watch that game just read about it here. Best of luck to you guys.  

As a member of the press there to take photos for the local new paper I was on the side line within 10 feet of this play. The defenders hand actually touched the face mask as he was trying to defend, Good call. didn't really matter game was already decided.  I have been covering high school spots in Loudon County for the paper since 2005.  A lot of these officials have become very good friends of mine and are very good and honest people. Everybody has a bad day. Many time over the years they there has been questionable calls and a lot of the times during a halftime or time out they come to me and ask if I got a photo of that and did they miss it. If they got it wrong they feel bad about it and if they got it right they just say thank you and they even say thank you if they were wrong because they do not want to be wrong. I tell them all the time that just remember that the naked eye sees 1/50 of a second. My camera sees 1/1000 or more a second, That's 20 times faster depending on the lighting of the stadium. That's why you have replay review in college and pros. The game is so fast now you can't depend on real time to get it perfect.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hockeystik said:

As a member of the press there to take photos for the local new paper I was on the side line within 10 feet of this play. The defenders hand actually touched the face mask as he was trying to defend, Good call. didn't really matter game was already decided.  I have been covering high school spots in Loudon County for the paper since 2005.  A lot of these officials have become very good friends of mine and are very good and honest people. Everybody has a bad day. Many time over the years they there has been questionable calls and a lot of the times during a halftime or time out they come to me and ask if I got a photo of that and did they miss it. If they got it wrong they feel bad about it and if they got it right they just say thank you and they even say thank you if they were wrong because they do not want to be wrong. I tell them all the time that just remember that the naked eye sees 1/50 of a second. My camera sees 1/1000 or more a second, That's 20 times faster depending on the lighting of the stadium. That's why you have replay review in college and pros. The game is so fast now you can't depend on real time to get it perfect.    

Amen to that!

15 hours ago, hockeystik said:

So you really don't think some refs come in and officiate a game one sided??? You really think some refs are not bias to certain teams. I understand if that one play was fair but 2 penalties to 13??? I went to a Sweetwater game last year and it was the same way. The refs kept a blind eye until the 4th quarter then started calling it fair. There are refs that will flag whoop the other team to help the home team. And we should just take your word since you a member of the press in "Loudon" :thumb:

Edited by Infamousfootballfan

23 minutes ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

So you really don't think some refs come in and officiate a game one sided??? You really think some refs are not bias to certain teams. I understand if that one play was fair but 2 penalties to 13??? I went to a Sweetwater game last year and it was the same way. The refs kept a blind eye until the 4th quarter then started calling it fair. There are refs that will flag whoop the other team to help the home team.

So your saying the penalties should be equal? How is that fair to a team that is better coached and more disciplined than another? So refs should be judged on the equal number of penalties called? Makes no sense. If its a penalty call it, if not don't. Don't sit there and count flags and say "Geez, I need to call 5 more on  the other team to make it equal". 

1 hour ago, HasBeenHero said:

So your saying the penalties should be equal? How is that fair to a team that is better coached and more disciplined than another? So refs should be judged on the equal number of penalties called? Makes no sense. If its a penalty call it, if not don't. Don't sit there and count flags and say "Geez, I need to call 5 more on  the other team to make it equal". 

So you are stating that Loudon is more disciplined and better coached than red bank. Red Bank has a very disciplined team and that new coach has them boys in a different mindset. That was a very low blow to say that. From everyone that I have talked to about this matchup, they say the refs were bias to loudon. Not calling late hits and not calling a fair game.

You must be on the coaching staff for Loudon :D

3 hours ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

So you are stating that Loudon is more disciplined and better coached than red bank. Red Bank has a very disciplined team and that new coach has them boys in a different mindset. That was a very low blow to say that. From everyone that I have talked to about this matchup, they say the refs were bias to loudon. Not calling late hits and not calling a fair game.

You must be on the coaching staff for Loudon :D

You must be on the Officiating Rating Committee..... :roflolk:   The Refs should check in with you every Friday to see if it was a fair game! :roll:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HasBeenHero said:

You must be on the Officiating Rating Committee..... :roflolk:   The Refs should check in with you every Friday to see if it was a fair game! :roll:

Is that so buddy ... you sound a little bothered. I'm just stating what I heard from a lot of people. :grin: And you must be with the Delusional Wannabe Coach Crew. :thumb:

17 minutes ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

Is that so buddy ... you sound a little bothered. I'm just stating what I heard from a lot of people. :grin: And you must be with the Delusional Wannabe Coach Crew. :thumb:

You must be an expert on HS football. You watch a lot of film, Talk to a lot of people.....  Delusional wannabe coach crew? Cause I don't cry about the refs like you? I believe we hold our own destiny in our hands. You must believe other people control it (like refs)....:o

11 hours ago, HasBeenHero said:

Loudon is NOT better than Red Bank in any way. Those kids at Loudon gave their best shot and played a heck of a game, but they are not better.

The refs did not call a terrible game. But they missed false starts from Loudon, missed late hits on Loudon. They did not miss anything on Red Bank, in fact they called phantom holds, a PI (that was thrown after the ball was incomplete), another PI (that was NOT thrown by the official closest to the play), and they called an iffy Taunting. (at best)

In a evenly matched game the refs would have made an impact on the game. which is a shame