OOLTEWAH VS HVA

6 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Go owls!!

BLUERAIDER I REMEMBER WHEN CLEVELAND USED TO BEAT BEARDEN AND THEY BEAT DA GUTTS THIS SEASON..YOU SHOULD'VE BEAT THEM LAST SEASON BUT INJURIES WILL CHANGE ERRTHING... MY OWLS AS WELL AS YOUR SANDBAGGING BLUERAIDERZ WERE BETTER LAST SEASON..BUT HEY COMING FROM 5A WE ARE STILL IN THE 6A POSTSEASON!:thumb:

#LOP 

#GO OWLS 

#GO BLUERAIDERZ 

Thinking this could be a close one, but them Owls look tough at home.  Looks like Owls rely on their agile QB and stud RB for most of their production.  Hawks D will need to step up to keep this one close.  I hope the Hawks will find their offensive rhythm again and see better opportunities to air it out this week compared to the air show shutdown last week.  Hoping the HVA OC can give them a chance this week.

Hawks 21  Owls 17

3 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Thinking this could be a close one, but them Owls look tough at home.  Looks like Owls rely on their agile QB and stud RB for most of their production.  Hawks D will need to step up to keep this one close.  I hope the Hawks will find their offensive rhythm again and see better opportunities to air it out this week compared to the air show shutdown last week.  Hoping the HVA OC can give them a chance this week.

Hawks 21  Owls 17

HOW WILL YOU GET YOUR 21 AND LEAVE DEM OWLS WITH 17? I WILL HANG UP AND LISTEN..:popcorneater:

#LOP 

13 hours ago, PassiveAggressive said:

HOW WILL YOU GET YOUR 21 AND LEAVE DEM OWLS WITH 17? I WILL HANG UP AND LISTEN..:popcorneater:

#LOP 

Based on HVA games against DB, SH, Bearden, and Farragut... I believe that Hawks defense has it in them to slow down and stop the Owls and keep them out of the end zone.  However, the offense has to come to play too.  When they hit on all cylinders they tend to feed off each other.  Other than Maryville, I suspect this is one of the tougher defenses them Owls have faced.  But the offense must get churning early and often or I will have some crow to eat.

(Learned about some potential injuries that could play into Friday night for the Hawks... both are game time decisions so I am hoping and praying they are healthy to play.)

By the way... this has been a very emotional week realizing this could be my oldest boys last week of high school football.  Blessed that I have more coming behind him that will hopefully play this great sport at this level, but I now realize that nothing can prep you for THE last week.  Holding out hope for another week or two of play but trying to keep it realistic too.  Still hopeful mine will also find a place to play for the next 4 years, but this certainly could be it for my favorite player.  Cheers to all you dads and moms sitting through the last one this week or sometime in the next month!  :thumb:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Based on HVA games against DB, SH, Bearden, and Farragut... I believe that Hawks defense has it in them to slow down and stop the Owls and keep them out of the end zone.  However, the offense has to come to play too.  When they hit on all cylinders they tend to feed off each other.  Other than Maryville, I suspect this is one of the tougher defenses them Owls have faced.  But the offense must get churning early and often or I will have some crow to eat.

(Learned about some potential injuries that could play into Friday night for the Hawks... both are game time decisions so I am hoping and praying they are healthy to play.)

P A STILL CONFUSED BECAUSE EVENTHOUGH YOU LOST TO SH AND HELD THEM TO 17, THEY PLAYED NO DEFENSE AGAINST THE OWLS AND GAVE UP 35 BUT HELD YOU TO A FIELD GOAL..YOU HELD BEARDEN TO 7 WHO BEAT DA GUTTS BY 4 AND DA GUTTS HELD YOU SCORELESS...:wacko:

DEM OWLS SNUCK OUTTA DA BEARZ DEN WITH A 1POINT WIN AND GOT SOME QUESTIONABLE CALLS AGAINST US, HAD A TD CALLED BACK BUT NOT UNUSUAL  IN DA BEARZ DEN.. OUR BACKS WERE AGAINST THE WALL AND THE DEFENSE PREVAILED.. SAME AT MCMINN, COMEBACK KIDS AGAINST THE BLUERAIDERZ AND SODDY. PRETTY MUCH TOOK ERRBODY ELSE TO THE WOODSHED AND GOT SHUT OUT BY OUR REGION WINNER PLAYING ON FALL BREAK WEEK. WE GOT SOME SENIORS THAT WOULD LIKE TO PROLONG THE INEVITABLE TOO..:thumb: SEE YA FRIDAY!

#LOP 

#GO OWLS 

20 hours ago, PassiveAggressive said:

WELP.. P A IS CONFUSED OF WHO IS THE BREAD N BUTTER OF HVA.. THE OWLS WILL PLAY WELL AT HOME. YEP WE CAN TURN THE JETS ON AND AIR IT OUT IF NEEDED. DISREGARD THAT THUMPIN FROM OUR REGION WINNER..THATS NOT WHO WE ARE....I KNOW HVA HAD SOME GAMES THEY WANT TO FORGET..

#LOP 

How much rain are you getting in Ooltewah? Wasn't one of the end zones underwater a few weeks back?

54 minutes ago, PassiveAggressive said:

P A STILL CONFUSED BECAUSE EVENTHOUGH YOU LOST TO SH AND HELD THEM TO 17, THEY PLAYED NO DEFENSE AGAINST THE OWLS AND GAVE UP 35 BUT HELD YOU TO A FIELD GOAL..YOU HELD BEARDEN TO 7 WHO BEAT DA GUTTS BY 4 AND DA GUTTS HELD YOU SCORELESS...:wacko:

DEM OWLS SNUCK OUTTA DA BEARZ DEN WITH A 1POINT WIN AND GOT SOME QUESTIONABLE CALLS AGAINST US, HAD A TD CALLED BACK BUT NOT UNUSUAL  IN DA BEARZ DEN.. OUR BACKS WERE AGAINST THE WALL AND THE DEFENSE PREVAILED.. SAME AT MCMINN, COMEBACK KIDS AGAINST THE BLUERAIDERZ AND SODDY. PRETTY MUCH TOOK ERRBODY ELSE TO THE WOODSHED AND GOT SHUT OUT BY OUR REGION WINNER PLAYING ON FALL BREAK WEEK. WE GOT SOME SENIORS THAT WOULD LIKE TO PROLONG THE INEVITABLE TOO..:thumb: SEE YA FRIDAY!

#LOP 

#GO OWLS 

I've said all year my Hawks are an up and down team.  When they are up... look out!  When they are down... oh boy!  SH game we dropped 3 passes in the end zone that would have easily flipped the score to a win... had momentum most of the night but couldn't finish - most frustrating game all year cause we should have won it.  But my point defensively was that we managed through 4 tough running teams only giving up a handful of scores.  Between the refs and turnovers, the Guts had short fields and threw for 2 of their scores.  We were able to hold back #30 from DB, #44 and #9 from SH, #1 from Bearden, and #15 from Farragut on the ground.  The difference maker all year has been when the HVA offensive finds rhythm... so again I say that will likely be the difference tomorrow night if they are hot or not.  But that's why they play... #anygivenfridaynight

4 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Game Day!  Injury report not looking good for the Hawks.  Hoping we can keep it respectable tonight.  Looking forward to some good burgers and dogs to enjoy... looks like weather should be just about perfect for Friday Night Lights!

YEP DEM OWLS GOT THE BEST CONCESSIONS AND NACHOS ARE HOT! NOT LIKE  THE ONES THE BLUERAIDERZ HAVE:P

COOL N CRISP WEATHER IS PERFECT FOR FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!! SAFE TRAVELS HVA:thumb:

#LOP 

#GO OWLS!!