onieda and anderson co.

Guest yournumber1fan

Anderson County pulled it out in the final period of play according to the stats in the Sentinel. Maybe Chill can help you out more.

I did notice that none of the football players scored for either team in this contest.

It does look like neither team held a large advantage on the other one though. AC led 13-11 after one. Oneida battled back to take take a 2pt lead into the break at 33-31. AC pulled to within 1pt at 45-44 heading into the 4th. In the 4th, the Mavs outgunned Oneida 16-11 to win 60-56.

The scoring for Oneida looked like this: Soph Dustin Walker, a 2yr starter, hit for 18pts--including 4 treys, JR Leonard Phillips went for 14pts--his first year of HS ball, Soph Casey Byrd in his first season--coming off a knee injury went for 14pts, and my cousin-in-law Newell Armstrong was good for 10pts.

For the JR Laden Mavs, Nick Humprhey led the way with 17pts--including 3 triples, Bubba rash hit for 11pts, Andrew Chaniott hit for 10pts, Wally Lowery was good for 9pts after being the leader scorer in GM1--Good job Wally, I teach with his mother, and several other players chipped in with points here and there. It looks like Rash, Chaniott, and Lowery all hit one trey apiece. As for the remaining scoring, Mott, Ridenour, and Fox went for 3pts each while Sharp was good for 4pts.

Congrats on a job well done to both teams. BTW, who won the girls contest??