Respect that Greenback Deserved

Cherokee24

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Cherokee24:

If you would have been at the GHS/CHS game on friday you would have thrown up everywhere because there was a lot of respect shown after the game. The two teams showed a lot of class and sportsmanship!!!

One guy threw up on me, even. I was like, "Hey pal, take it outside." And he goes, "But we are outside. What are you talking about?" I just stood there, dumbfounded.

But really, most people know that winning a game gains respect, but I believe losing one under these circumstances would probably gain an equal amount, as well. We had our chances, but couldn't capitalize. However, even after the game I didn't feel as if we went out on a sour note. Not by a longshot. Expect a big transition next year for Greenback. Chris, sorry you won't be on the field with us next year. That goes for the rest of the seniors, as well. Hopefully, people will be good enough to step up and take your place. Tough spots to fill.

--Joe Kemple

Guest underwood

I was at the ballgame against Cloudland for the first time this year and I saw two good teams battle for four quarters. A lot of hard, clean hitting on both sides. That is the way the game is suppose to be played. Two very well coached teams. To bad one had to lose. Greenback you have nothing to be ashamed of, GREAT SEASON!! Cloudland you are the last public school left. Don't overlook Boyd they have a tremendous QB in Will Healy. They beat David Lipscomb, who is playing in the AA semi-final against Sweetwater. You think Greenback can throw the ball just wait until you see this kid. They can run a little better than Greenback not as one dimensional. BRING THE GOLD BALL BACK TO THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN SINGLE A. We will be on your sideline all the way.

I played for Coach Satterfield many moons ago and I can say he always demanded that win or lose you show respect to the opposing team. Players are a direct reflection of their head coach. Greenback is a class act on that field because of the head man. Thanks Coach Satterfield.

Coaches/teachers may not always be liked but if they are respected it makes all the difference in the world. Coach Satterfield is repected throughtout the East Tennessee area by the young men who have had the privilege of playing under him.

[Edited by underwood on 11-24-02 11:54P]

Guest cloudlandfinest

cherokee24 hope to see you sittin w/ the dogpound. where your jersey and bring your whole team sit as close as you can. pv and midway i hope to see you there sittin alongside the dogpound also. you are part of us we represent east tennessee this in #65 the center on defense.

I just want to say that I was very impressed with the good attitude that Greenback showed before, during and after the game. They left it all on the field when it was over. They played hard and should be proud. Everyone I encountered at Greenback was very nice and I really appreciate that. You earned our respect because you deserve it. Come help us fill up Finley Stadium, we're going to have to work a little harder to "Make Some Noise" down there.

Go Landers!

Guest silverado

you guys have my repect because you guys give us a run for our money and you have a great team but like cloudlandsfinest said we need your support and pv you and midway get in the dogpound with us ok. and good game kees best of luck next hope you guys do good :D:):):D

p.s this his cloudland's OE/DE #86 great game!!!!!!!!!!

greenback had a lot better team than most people give them credit for...For example they was better than anyone cloudland played last yr. in the playoffs other than ezell. Greenback has a better defense than ezell did last yr. If greenback had a bigger line they would be trouble for anyone in the state...Greenback improved so much from last yr. Especially on defense. Hats off guys to a great season.

I hope my landers will go all the way so your season will mean that much more.... ;)